This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 2:05 PM by Pankaj.Rajankar RSS

No content triggerend on Discover Electronics sample application

Pankaj.Rajankar Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everybody,

I Endeca Commerce installed and Discover Elec. reference application deployed as per the getting started guide. All the steps completed without any errors and I can see the data in reference application and can see the application in Workbench>>experience manager.

However when I preview the 'browse' or 'detail' page I get the following message:
"No content was triggered for this page.
Please add or activate content in the following collection in Experience Manager:
/content/Shared/Detail Pages. "

The about-us and contact-us pages load fine. Has anyone faced this issue before? Can you please suggest me what is incorrect with my setup.

Thanks,
Pankaj.
  • 1. Re: No content triggerend on Discover Electronics sample application
    Pankaj.Rajankar Explorer
    I see the same experience with both the authoring and the publish site:
    http://localhost:8006/discover/
    http://localhost:8006/discover-authoring/

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks.
  • 2. Re: No content triggerend on Discover Electronics sample application
    Branchbird - Pat Journeyer
    Pankaj,

If you go into Workbench and click on Experience Manager for your application, what do you have under the Content pane? Do you have content that matches the error you mention below (Shared > Detail Pages)?

If you go to the "browse" page that you've configured in the Pages section, does the configuration look correct?

I'm hoping that the answer to your question is in one of those two places. If not, it's possible that your "live" index (which backs the discover app) is out of sync with your authoring dgraph. If that's the case, you can try and go to Administration > Admin Console in the Workbench and execute the PromoteAuthoringToLive script to push the content from the Authoring graph to the Live graph.

Hope that helps,

Patrick
  • 3. Re: No content triggerend on Discover Electronics sample application
    Pankaj.Rajankar Explorer
    Thanks Partrick, appreciate your help.

Everything under Pages and Content looks good (It is untouched after the installation of the app). The Page has a content collection set, the collection has 4 page all active, one of them applies at all locations (hence it should be the one triggered). And I see no errors in the logs.

I also thought about the out of synch possibility but then the page should have showed up with data on the authoring site. However to rule it out I executed the PromoteAuthoring to live and still see the issue. I am going to try re-deploying the app one more time to see if it helps.

Pankaj.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points