1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 11:01 AM by Tridus RSS

error 2019: Member Mapping specified is not valid.

Hi,

I am facing an issue while retrieving data from oracle database. I used the code first approach, ODP.Net provider 11.0.3.0, visual studio 2010 etc.
      Below is the error message.

"(16,12) : error 2019: Member Mapping specified is not valid. The type 'Edm.Guid[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=]' of member 'Id' in type 'MyNamespace.Account' is not compatible with 'OracleEFProvider.raw[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=,MaxLength=2000,FixedLength=False]' of member 'Id' in type 'CodeFirstDatabaseSchema.Account'.

(17,12) : error 2019: Member Mapping specified is not valid. The type 'Edm.Boolean[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=]' of member 'IsUserEnteredValue' in type 'MyNamespace.Account' is not compatible with 'OracleEFProvider.number[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=,Precision=38,Scale=0]' of member 'IsUserEnteredValue' in type 'CodeFirstDatabaseSchema.Account'."

As suggested in multiple forums, I tried by adding below content in my application's web.config file however no luck :(. It will be helpful if someone guide me to get rid of this.

<oracle.dataaccess.client>
      <settings>
      <add name="bool" value="edmmapping number(1,0)" />
      </settings>
      </oracle.dataaccess.client>

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: error 2019: Member Mapping specified is not valid.
          Tridus
          I mentioned it in your other post, but that mapping config isn't working because your column appears to be number(38,0) and not number(1,0). That makes it a huge column that can store truly massive numbers, and how do you map 2844726728476 to a boolean? :)

Change the column type in the database to number(1,0) and that one should start working.