This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 2:10 AM by PrincessPoonam RSS

Not able to start CAS

PrincessPoonam Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

During installing the CAS, i am unable to start the service

1. Download the CAS package from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
2. Extract the CAS package to a local directory. This procedure assumes the location is
downloads/<arch-OS>. The name of the installation file is
• cas-<version>_<ARCH_OS>.sh
3. Determine an installation location for CAS. Oracle recommends you install to /usr/local/endeca.
4. Assuming the locations above, run the installation script with the following command:
downloads/arch-OS/cas-version_ARCH-OS.sh --target /usr/local [--ende¬
ca_tools_root full path to the Endeca Tools
root directory]
[--endeca_tools_conf full path to the Endeca Tools /conf directory]

I have a doubt how to execute the 4th step.????

Regards
SK
  • 1. Re: Not able to start CAS
    Pankaj.Rajankar Explorer
    Hi SK,

Can you please clarify what issue you are facing? You have stated
    installing the CAS, i am unable to start the service
    as well as
    how to execute the 4th step.
    If you have already completed the installation and just want to start CAS, run the following command
    CAS/3.0.2/bin/cas-service.sh (your path might be different)

Pankaj.
  • 2. Re: Not able to start CAS
    PrincessPoonam Newbie
    Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your response.

During the installation process, the 4th step that they have mentioned , i am unable to understand how to execute that step, can you help me on that. I think thats the main reason why i am not able to run the CAS server.
  • 3. Re: Not able to start CAS
    mk.s Newbie
    Once you have installed MDEX and Platformservices, make sure you have ran the below scripts to export the correct environment variables

MDEX/6.3.0/mdex_setup_sh.ini
    PlatformServices/workspace/setup/installer_sh.ini

And then the below command can be used to install CAS(run from where ever you have the scripts and provide whatever target location you want)

sudo ./cas-3.0.2-x86_64pc-linux.sh --target /usr/local                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 4. Re: Not able to start CAS
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    It looks like its an optional parameter while executing 4th step (but will be prompt for this in further execution), below command should work for you.

Execute below command on shell

+> sh <Path to CAS.sh>/cas-<version>_<ARCH_OS>.sh target /usr/local endeca_tools_conf <path to ToolsAndFrameworks>/3.1.0/server/workspace+

HTH

-Pravin
  • 5. Re: Not able to start CAS
    PrincessPoonam Newbie
    Not able to run CAS server.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points