This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 11:29 PM by mady RSS

FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.

mady Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I Created one HFM and FDM Application.
Set all settings in FDM application, but when i open Control tables am getting error.

Unable to retrieve target system data

plz help me u know about this issue.

Thanks,
mady
  • 1. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    SH Guru
    That error means that you have not configured the adapter properly. Things to check:

1) You have imported and registered the adpater correctly
    2) Machine profile is correctly referencing the FDM Server as source and the HFM server or cluster as target.
    3) The account you are logging into FDM with has been given access to the HFM application if using unified security.
    4) The HFM application name you have specified in the integration settings is correct
  • 2. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    mady Journeyer
    Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I did all steps correctly as u mentioned.

I used FM11X-G6-A_1016 adapter to configure with FDM application.

please give me any suggestions.

Thanks,
    mady
  • 3. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    LarryR Journeyer
    Also make sure that the target HFM cluster/servers are registered in HFM Client on the FDM application server. After you have registered the HFM cluster/servers, verify that you can retrieve data in HFM Client from the target application and target HFM cluster and servers, particularly the target HFM cluster/server specified in the adapter's Machine Profile.

Edited by: Larry R on Jul 5, 2012 3:21 PM
  • 4. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    797866 Newbie
    There no longer exists an HFM Client "Cluster registration". They moved that functionality from the Windows Registry to the Shared Services Registry, but there is no actual method to "register" the cluster, the products are supposed to look at the HSS registry for that info, and I checked the HSS registry and it does have entries for the HFM Cluster but products like FDM an FR ARE NOT ABLE TO get that info and connect. I even used the single server name in the machine profile but the fConnect method fails. Anyone was able to connect the FDM HFM adapter to an HFM 11.1.2.2 app? or able to create an FR Data connection to an HFM 11.1.2.2 app?
  • 5. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    LarryR Journeyer
    Sounds like there were big changes with 11.1.2.2. If the instructions in the 11.1.2.2 EPM Install & Config Guide & the HFM Adapter ReadMe were followed, I would open an SR with Oracle. That may get you and answer faster and also give Oracle an opportunity to update the docs if something is missing.
  • 6. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    JeffJon Expert
    have you enabled the UD3 and UD4 dimensions in the FM11x-G6-A adapter in the workbench? The adapter shipped without these two dimensions active in the adapter and the number of custom dims active in the adapter must match the number of custom dims in the HFM Application. IN 11.1.2.2 you can have more than 4 custom dims, so make sure they match.
  • 7. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    JWAGS Explorer
    Yes I agree with this post. we migrated 11.1.1.3 apps to 11.1.2.2 test servers. we had to activate the UD3 and UD4 and have been able to load data to HFM from FDM on 11.1.2.2. in case you try to use drill-back, we also had to make sure our FDM app was set to Unicode. we had to change that setting directly in the database in the tCtrlOption table in the Encoding row.
  • 8. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    653921 Newbie
    Hello,

I am experiencing the same exact issues with FDM and FR connecting to the HFM cluster/server. If you could provide your method for connecting, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Nick
  • 9. Re: FDM Adapter issue in Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version.
    mady Journeyer
    Thank tou for your replies.

Problem solved. We have to activate custom dimensions 3 and 4 then we will connect to HFM using FDM.

Regards,
    mady

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points