10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 3:00 PM by gbw RSS

Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page

user559503
      Hi All,

I have a lookup field on the OIM 11.1.1.5.0 create user page. The create user form was working fine and I was able to create users properly. However since today morning, suddenly I am getting a strange error whenever I click on the lookup field to select any value. The query for lookup has not been changed. Its the same as before. But this error keeps popping up on UI directly and then am not able to do anything unless I restart the browser.

The error is as follows:
      ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #8[[javax.el.ELException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: prepareWhereClause
      Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: prepareWhereClause Can some one please help me out with this? The only change that I remember was I had changed OIMServer.jar file with another version but I have re-stored the original file which I had a backup of. But it still throws this error.Thanks,$id                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
        • 1. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
          user559503
          Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks and a happy new year,
          $id
          • 2. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
            Nishith Nayan
            error may occurs because your JDBC driver implements an older version of the JDBC API than the one included in your JRE.
            As you said you have restored the proper version of OIMServer.jar. Make sure you have deleted the other OIMServer.jar from the file system.

Stop all the server including Admin/Weblogic server and then remove other OIMServer.jar from the file system if exist. now place the proper jar start all servers.

If not. just recall if you have changed any other jar. if so revert back those.
            • 3. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
              user559503
              Hi Nishith,

The error is still persisting. I created a new OIMServer.jar file having a few custom error messages which are invoked in my event handlers. I deleted the old OIMServer.jar file from the oim.ear folder in ORACLE_HOME/server/apps directory and placed my new file here. I have kept a backup of that old deleted file on another folder in the file system. I then restarted everything just like you said. Now whenever those particular validations fail, I get the error message that I have put in the new OIMServer.jar file meaning that this file has been picked properly. However the error above still occurs whenever I click on the user defined lookup field and click on Search button. I have cross checked the lookup query to ensure that it is proper by running it on the database as well. I am at a loss to understand the error now. Please guide me.

Thanks,
              $id
              • 4. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
                user559503
                The error in the diagnostic logs is :

[2013-01-01T06:47:09.015+01:00] [wls_oim1] [WARNING] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '5' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZEd6Fqk1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000UuE,0:1] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] ADF_FACES-60098:Faces lifecycle receives unhandled exceptions in phase INVOKE_APPLICATION 5[[
                javax.el.ELException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: prepareWhereClause
                at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.broadcastToMethodExpression(UIXComponentBase.java:1300)
                (.....)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
                ... 9 more
                ]]
                [2013-01-01T06:47:09.017+01:00] [wls_oim1] [ERROR] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.config.rich.RegistrationConfigurator] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '5' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZEd6Fqk1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000UuE,0:1] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #4[[
                javax.el.ELException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: prepareWhereClause
                at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.broadcastToMethodExpression(UIXComponentBase.java:1300)
                (...)
                Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: prepareWhereClause
                at oracle.iam.identitytaskflow.utils.LookupByQueryUtils.prepareSqlQuery(LookupByQueryUtils.java:80)
                at oracle.iam.identitytaskflow.backing.taskflows.lookupbyquery.LookupByQuery.processQuery(LookupByQuery.java:122)
                (...)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
                ... 9 more

Thanks,
                $id
                • 5. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
                  user559503
                  Also now I checked other things as well. There seems to be error on create user request as well. When I raise a request for create user, I get error like :

[2013-01-01T09:35:03.472+01:00] [wls_oim1] [ERROR] [IAM-2050200] [oracle.iam.request.impl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: oiminternal] [ecid: 004oZO1FPwB1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000VfS,0] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] Failed to create the request in the repository.
                  [2013-01-01T09:35:03.473+01:00] [wls_oim1] [ERROR] [IAM-2050050] [oracle.iam.request.impl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: oiminternal] [ecid: 004oZO1FPwB1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000VfS,0] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] Exception thrown Exception [EclipseLink-99] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.1.3.v20110304-r9073): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException[[
                  Exception Description: The method [getRequestKey] on the object [oracle.iam.request.vo.ApprovalData] triggered an exception.
                  Internal Exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
                  Target Invocation Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
                  Mapping: org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.DirectToFieldMapping[requestKey-->REQUEST_APPROVALS.REQUEST_KEY]
                  Descriptor: RelationalDescriptor(oracle.iam.request.vo.ApprovalData --> [DatabaseTable(REQUEST_APPROVALS)])
                  ]]
                  [2013-01-01T09:35:03.480+01:00] [wls_oim1] [ERROR] [IAM-2050014] [oracle.iam.request.impl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: oiminternal] [ecid: 004oZO1FPwB1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000VfS,0] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] An error occurred while initiating approvals for request 222. The corresponding error message is Failed to create the request in the repository..
                  [2013-01-01T09:35:03.481+01:00] [wls_oim1] [NOTIFICATION] [IAM-0080006] [oracle.iam.platform.kernel.impl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: oiminternal] [ecid: 004oZO1FPwB1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000VfS,0] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] Orchestration process moved to failed stage, and the corresponding error is - {0}[[
                  oracle.iam.platform.kernel.EventFailedException: IAM-2050014:An error occurred while initiating approvals for request oracle.iam.request.exception.RequestServiceException: Failed to create the request in the repository.. The corresponding error message is {1}.
                  Caused by: oracle.iam.request.exception.RequestServiceException: Failed to create the request in the repository
                  Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-99] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.1.3.v20110304-r9073): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException
                  Exception Description: The method [getRequestKey] on the object [oracle.iam.request.vo.ApprovalData] triggered an exception.
                  Internal Exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
                  Target Invocation Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
                  Mapping: org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.DirectToFieldMapping[requestKey-->REQUEST_APPROVALS.REQUEST_KEY]
                  Descriptor: RelationalDescriptor(oracle.iam.request.vo.ApprovalData --> [DatabaseTable(REQUEST_APPROVALS)])
                  Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
                  Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Need your help with this.

Thanks,
                  $id
                  • 6. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
                    user559503
                    Hi,

I increased the log level of the oracle.adfinternal to TRACE-32. I can see the following additional things in the logs after the 60096 exception that arises when I click on the Search button in the user role field:

-------------

[2013-01-01T11:16:16.585+01:00] [wls_oim1] [TRACE] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [SRC_METHOD: _executePhase] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Executing phase RESTORE_VIEW 1
                    *[2013-01-01T11:16:16.609+01:00] [wls_oim1] [TRACE] [] [oracle.iam.identitytaskflow.logging] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.iam.taskflows.utils.CommonUtils] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [SRC_METHOD: getCustomProperty] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Cannot find the resource global.Lookup.UserRole in the bundle.*
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.609+01:00] [wls_oim1] [WARNING] [] [org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.TreeState] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Saved child count does not match current count (was 2, now 4)
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.610+01:00] [wls_oim1] [TRACE] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [SRC_METHOD: pushContextChange] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Context change about to be pushed. Current stack size: 0
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.610+01:00] [wls_oim1] [TRACE] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [SRC_METHOD: pushContextChange] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Context change about to be pushed. Current stack size: 1
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.610+01:00] [wls_oim1] [TRACE] [] [oracle.adfinternal.controller.application.AdfcPageResolver] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.adfinternal.controller.application.AdfcPageResolver] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [SRC_METHOD: getPhysicalURI] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] ADFc: viewId [LookupByQueryPopup-TF/LookupByQueryPopup] resolved to [taskflows/lookupbyquery/LookupByQueryView.jsff]
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.610+01:00] [wls_oim1] [TRACE] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [SRC_METHOD: pushContextChange] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Context change about to be pushed. Current stack size: 2
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.610+01:00] [wls_oim1] [TRACE] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.context.ApplicationContextManagerImpl] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [SRC_METHOD: popContextChange] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Context change about to be be popped. Current stack size: 3
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.611+01:00] [wls_oim1] [NOTIFICATION:16] [] [oracle.adfinternal.controller.util.LogUtils] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] Key mismatch: expected Process Region but got JSF Phase %s
                    [2013-01-01T11:16:16.611+01:00] [wls_oim1] [NOTIFICATION:16] [] [oracle.adfinternal.controller.beans.ManagedBeanFactory] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004oZTf^PWj1baXh1tnJ8j0002mn000WN_,0:1] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [ADF_MESSAGE_CONTEXT_DATA: Bean Name=shellRequestContext;#;Bean Class=oracle.idm.shell.context.ShellRequestContext;#;Bean Scope=request;#;Taskflow Id=null] [ADF_MESSAGE_STATUS: begin] [ADF_MESSAGE_ACTION_DESC: ] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] [ADF_MESSAGE_ACTION_NAME: Instantiate Bean] Instantiate Bean

--------------------

I am not sure if the line in bold saying cannot find resource global.Lookup.UserRole is the root cause or not. But if it is, then any idea what might be causing it? Can it be related to the OIMServer.jar replacement I had done earlier?

Thanks,
                    $id
                    • 7. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
                      user559503
                      Anyone faced this error before? Can you please help me. I am stuck at this point.

Thanks,
                      $id
                      • 8. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
                        user559503
                        Hi All,

Any leads??

Thanks,
                        $id
                        • 9. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
                          user559503
                          Hi All,

I had overcome the previous error by replacing the OIMServer.jar file with an old backup. I migrated all the attributes from that environment to a new one and now I am again getting the error on the same field in the new environment. Can you please look into the below error and suggest how to overcome this one? I am not able to find much about this error seeing as it is a ADF Faces error to begin with. Please help me with this.

Error on UI console when I click on the Lookup UserRole in the Create User form and click on Search button:
                          java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle/iam/platform/utils/lookup/plugin/CustomizableLookupQuery.prepareWhereClause(Loracle/iam/platform/utils/lookup/vo/AbstractLookupQueryVO;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;)Ljava/lang/String;
                          ADF_FACES-60097:For more information, please see the server's error log for an entry beginning with: ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #4
                          Error in the diagnostic logs:
                          [2013-02-12T15:45:09.189+01:00] [wls_oim2] [ERROR] [] [oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.config.rich.RegistrationConfigurator] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '5' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: 004pOWIUksQAhKZT1m2VOj0001om000RVG,0:1] [APP: oim#11.1.1.3.0] [URI: /admin/faces/pages/Admin.jspx] ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #4[[
                          javax.el.ELException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle/iam/platform/utils/lookup/plugin/CustomizableLookupQuery.prepareWhereClause(Loracle/iam/platform/utils/lookup/vo/AbstractLookupQueryVO;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;)Ljava/lang/String;
                               at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
                          Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle/iam/platform/utils/lookup/plugin/CustomizableLookupQuery.prepareWhereClause(Loracle/iam/platform/utils/lookup/vo/AbstractLookupQueryVO;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;)Ljava/lang/String;
                               at oracle.iam.identitytaskflow.utils.LookupByQueryUtils.prepareSqlQuery(LookupByQueryUtils.java:80)
                               at oracle.iam.identitytaskflow.backing.taskflows.lookupbyquery.LookupByQuery.processQuery(LookupByQuery.java:122)
                               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                               ... 9 more
                          ]]
                          • 10. Re: Error occuring on a lookup field in profile page
                            gbw
                            Any update on this issue? I'm facing the same error. TIA.