This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 12:44 AM by Fabian RSS

Running WebLogic on Solaris and attempting to create a Datasoruce

952554 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi there:

I have Weblogic version 10.3.4.0 running on Solaris box. I have Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.10 alreday installed on my local PC.
I want to create a WebLogic datasource that points to my local pc where I have Oracle XE Universal. I believe there is nothing wrong doing that and it should work.
To create the Datasource I used the following attributes:

Name: XEDatabase
JNDI Name:jdbc/XEDatabase
DatabaseType: Oracle
Database Driver: Oracle Driver (Thin XA) for Instance connections; Versions:9:0.1 and later
Database name: XE
Host Name: XXXXX my pc's IP address
Port:1521
Database user Name: sys
Password: XXXXXXX

Pinging from my PC to the unix box and visceversa works, therefore there is no firewall issues!

While I attempt to create the Datasource and trying to test the connection I obtained the following error:

Connection test failed.
IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:443)
oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:670)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:230)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:34)
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:567)
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleDataSource.java:404)
oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getPooledConnection(OracleXADataSource.java:694)
oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getXAConnection(OracleXADataSource.java:267)
oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getXAConnection(OracleXADataSource.java:134)
com.bea.console.utils.jdbc.JDBCUtils.testConnection(JDBCUtils.java:745)
com.bea.console.actions.jdbc.datasources.createjdbcdatasource.CreateJDBCDataSource.testConnectionConfiguration(CreateJDBCDataSource.java:458)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.invokeActionMethod(FlowController.java:870)
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.getActionMethodForward(FlowController.java:809)
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.internalExecute(FlowController

I suspect I amy not have the proper Oracle XE Unversal version loaded on my PC or something along those lines.

Could I please have some ideas about this issue. Thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points