This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 5:02 AM by EdStevens RSS

Scheduler in Sqldev

846231 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

In my sqldev 3.2

I right click the module "Scheduler" > New Job > entered job name > type of job (pl/sql block) > scheduled the job> finiished.

But when I check the tree. I can not see the job I created. How to I find it?

Thanks a lot,

Kinz
  • 1. Re: Scheduler in Sqldev
    JohnWatson Guru
    You are probably creating the job with the AUTO_DROP argument on default, which is TRUE. So it is dropped after execution.
  • 2. Re: Scheduler in Sqldev
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    did you check DBA_jobs , also What is the properties for the Job , I think its just Like John Said .
  • 3. Re: Scheduler in Sqldev
    846231 Newbie
    You are probably creating the job with the AUTO_DROP argument on default, which is TRUE. So it is dropped after execution.
    But it is an scheduled job to run every 1am. So it should not be dropped :(. And besides, I can see it where I select user_scheduled_jobs.
    SQL> select job_name from user_scheduler_jobs;

JOB_NAME
    ------------------------------
    envi_decom_due_job
    My point in searching it in the node tree in sqldev is I want to modify it. For example i want to change the schedule date run. Is there a way to display it on the node tree again? just like when I created it?

Thanks
  • 4. Re: Scheduler in Sqldev
    846231 Newbie
    Ok, my issue is resolved :) I logged out from sqldev and login again. And lo! there it is. Maybe sqldev took long time to sync from the database?
  • 5. Re: Scheduler in Sqldev
    EdStevens Guru
    KinsaKaUy? wrote:
    Ok, my issue is resolved :) I logged out from sqldev and login again. And lo! there it is. Maybe sqldev took long time to sync from the database?
    And what do you suppose would need to be "sync from the database"?
    SQL Developer is just a GUI client. It sends SQL statements to the database. It returns results. Some (much) of the sql it sends to the database is what it sends on its own behalf, like selecting from various data dictionary views to populate the navigation trees, but in the end, it's still just a matter of sending sql and displaying the results. Nothing to 'sync'.

Perhaps you just failed to click a 'refresh' button somewhere.

If you have usage issues with SQL Delveloper, there is an entire forum dedicated to it. See SQL Developer (Not for general SQL/PLSQL questions)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points