This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 5:33 AM by evrm RSS

Passing an item value to a embedded report with $a_report

978492 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Still one issue for this end of year...
APEX : 3.2.1 + apex listener

I have an interactive report. When I select a row I get an id that sets a item P83_ID_OPERATION within a javascript.
     function table_object(pId){   
          this.id = pId;   
          this.start_record = 1;      //optional   
          this.num_record = 5;        //optional   
          this.interval = false;   
          this.refresh = function(pTime){   
          if(my_report.interval){clearInterval(my_report.interval)}   
          if(!!pTime){
               my_report.interval = setInterval(function(){my_report.call_refresh()},pTime * 1000);}   
          }   
          this.call_refresh = function(){
               $a_report(this.id.substring(1),this.id.start_record,this.num_record);
          }   
     }

function highlight(r)
     {

var i = r.parentNode.parentNode.rowIndex;
     var table = r.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode
     var id_ope = table.rows.cells[1].innerText;

// set PXX_ID_OPERATION item
     $x('P83_ID_OPERATION').value=id_ope;

my_report1.call_refresh();
     my_report2.call_refresh();     

return true;
     }
This works (almost) fine. When I select a row, the variable P83_ID_OPERATION is correctly set but the 2 reports are not refreshed.
I changed the request behing the report my_report1 to debug it with a very basic select :
select
to_char(sysdate,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') mydate, :P83_ID_OPERATION myid
from dual
I constat that the report is really refreshed by the call_refresh function (the date is changed at every call) but the P83_ID_OPERATION item is not correctly passed during the recall (I keep a previous value !). Where is my mistake ? Is my P83_ID_OPERATION only local ? Is there a way to decalre it as global and  share it with all the dependent embedded report ?

Thank in advance and happy new year...

Edited by: 975489 on Dec 31, 2012 5:32 AM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
  • 1. Re: Passing an item value to a embedded report with $a_report
    evrm Pro
    Hi,

the value of the item P83_ID_OPERATION is indeed local.
    You need to use an Ajax call to set the value in session state.
    This article http://www.packtpub.com/article/ajax-implementation-apex is a good intro to Ajax in Apex 3 and above.
    Based on this article I've put some example code below

After you set the local value of the item, you need to execute the Ajax call and on return refresh your reports.
    Create an application process demo_code to set the value of the item.
    begin
       :P83_ID_OPERATION := apex_application.g_x01;
    end;
    Then call this process in the following Ajax call
    var ajaxReq = new htmldb_Get(null, $v('pFlowId'), 'APPLICATION_PROCESS=demo_code', $v('pFlowStepId'));
    ajaxReq.addParam('x01',$v('P83_ID_OPERATION'));
    ajaxReq.GetAsync(refresh_reports);
    ajaxReq = null;
    regards,
    Erik-jan
  • 2. Re: Passing an item value to a embedded report with $a_report
    978492 Newbie
    Hi Erik

Indeed it works... Thank a lot for the article that explained me ajax life (dura lex sed lex !).
    A quick update however...

I will need to set many page items in different portions of code/pages.
    Is there a way to use a generic very simple application process for all the initialisation instead of declaring the variable in the code... Basically I just need to initialise a page item with a value...

I tried...
    BEGIN
    :apex_application.g_x01:=apex_application.g_x02;;
    and
    ajaxReq.addParam('x01','P83_ID_OPERATION');
    ajaxReq.addParam('x02',$v('P83_ID_OPERATION'));
    ... but it doesn't work. Any idea for a generic declaration ?
  • 3. Re: Passing an item value to a embedded report with $a_report
    VC Guru
    rlebret wrote:
    Hi Erik

Indeed it works... Thank a lot for the article that explained me ajax life (dura lex sed lex !).
    A quick update however...

I will need to set many page items in different portions of code/pages.
    Is there a way to use a generic very simple application process for all the initialisation instead of declaring the variable in the code... Basically I just need to initialise a page item with a value...

I tried...
    BEGIN
    :apex_application.g_x01:=apex_application.g_x02;;
    First of all this won't work because syntactically it is wrong. +(two ; at the end)+
    It will not work even if you fix that issue.
    and
    ajaxReq.addParam('x01','P83_ID_OPERATION');
    ajaxReq.addParam('x02',$v('P83_ID_OPERATION'));
    ... but it doesn't work. Any idea for a generic declaration ?
    You might try this
    BEGIN
        APEX_UTIL.SET_SESSION_STATE(apex_application.g_x01,apex_application.g_x02);
    END;
    See SET_SESSION_STATE Procedure

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • 4. Re: Passing an item value to a embedded report with $a_report
    978492 Newbie
    great...
    That exactly what I was looking for...
  • 5. Re: Passing an item value to a embedded report with $a_report
    978492 Newbie
    Hi Erik-jan

thank you, your answer was correctly and Vikram'one too.
    I wanted to mark both answers as correct,butt seems i can not.
    Can you please make me a "silly" reply for I try giving you 5 more points.

Regards

Edited by: rlebret on Jan 2, 2013 4:37 AM
  • 6. Re: Passing an item value to a embedded report with $a_report
    evrm Pro
    Hi,

thanks a lot and great I could help you out with your problem.
    Happy Apex coding in 2013.

regards,
    Erik-jan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points