This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 12:22 PM by 982571 RSS

2nd opinion on possible bug in JavaFX asked

982571 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hey,

I got this really weird issue, it basically comes down to this: a Group containing >10 nodes is child of another Group. That parent Group has a transformation applied to it. Now when I make the childnodes draggable, and I drag them outside of the layoutBounds of their immediate parent Group, they disapear and stop receiving events afterwards. This does not occur when 10 or less nodes are in a Group, nor when no transformation is applied to the parent Group, nor, weirdly enough, when I run ScenicView and highlight the group containing the different nodes.

I also posted this on stackoverflow along with a small piece code of self contained code which demonstrates the issue. (no answers though :() I cannot see anything wrong with my code, I reduced my initial very complex scenegraph to a very small example which still shows the problem, so I'm guessing this might be a bug in JavaFX. However, I would like a 2nd opinion before I create an issue in JIRA. Thanks for looking at this!

[http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14096594/dragging-nodes-when-their-parent-has-a-transformation-results-in-nodes-disappear]

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points