I am trying to set up a third party connection for a Microsoft SQL Server database in SQL Developer. I followed the instructions on http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/migration/omwb-getstarted-093461.html , but afterward when I click the green '+' button for the New Connection dialog, nothing appears.
I am using SQL Developer v3.02.09. Here are the steps I followed:
1) Download version 1.3.0 of the JDBC driver from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/jtds/
2) Extract archive to \AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer
3) In SQL Developer, Tools-->Preferences-->Database-->Third Party JDBC Driver-->Add Entry
4) Select jtds-1.3.0.jar and click OK
5) Restart SQL Developer, click the New Connection button. Nothing happens
I have also tried selecting the directory instead of the .jar file in step 4 above. In that case the New Connection dialog appears, but there is no tab for SQL Server, only Oracle and Access.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
A-ha! I assumed the latest driver version would work ... but you know the old saying about what happens when you assume things.
I tried with v1.2 and it works as expected. Thanks for the quick response Jeff.
No worries - it's a reasonable expectation.
Migrations require that we know exactly what's available to us, and we have built the SQL Server support around that version specifically. As the need arises, we'll probably update the version required...until that time, ONLY v1.2 will work.