Upgrade scenario: 10.2.0.5 to 22.214.171.124 patch 10 on Windows 2003 32 bit
1. Install Oracle 11g software
2. Perform patching steps "opatch apply" as well as run the script utlrp.sql (do not run catwinbundle.sql here) ( patchset 14 latest , is it rite? )
3. Update Oracle Instant Client Software
4. Copy the SQL*Net files from the Oracle 10g home to the Oracle 11g home
5. Prepare system for DBUA upgrade (remove ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN variables)
6. Perform upgrade using Database Upgrade Assistant
7. Run post-upgrade scripts (post_upgrade_tasks.sql, upgrade_tstz.sql, set_compatible.sql, post_upgrade_status.sql) -- mention any other scripts to perform
8. Run catwinbundle.sql from patch directory
9. Any other remaining post-upgrade steps, if so, kindly provide me?
I recommend review the ACL, if you database send emails etc, so you need to enable though ACL in 11g.
Also i recommend remove the parameter obsoletes of 10g in the new 11g and also applied the new parameters of 11g as memory_target, etc if you wish.
Your steps in general are ok.
Here is a complete step-by-step set of instructions that I used to [url http://www.ora00600.com/articles/10g-to-11g-database-upgrade.html]upgrade from 10g to 11g. These are for my database so I'd recommend looking at the guides, too. They include steps for the ACL configuration and some other posts tasks which I decided I wanted to do.
Also, there is a new default [url http://www.ora00600.com/scripts/11g/10g-to-11g-upgrade.html]resource manager plan in 11g which we didn't find out about until after we had upgraded which is worth checking.