4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 12:27 AM by qazianeel RSS

Changing Static IP to DHCP

qazianeel
      Hello friends

I've ask few questions:

i) Is it necessary to run autoconfig if I change static IP address to DCHP?

ii) Suppose my server is configured with class C IP address and for a demo temporarily I connect it with a network having IP address of class A, in this case do I've to change IP of my server accordingly to connect single client PC or can I just configure client PC with class C IP to connect my server on same network?
      (sorry for my poor English and I can't make my question more clear) :-/

Thanks in advance :)

Regards

Aneel Ahmed
        • 1. Re: Changing Static IP to DHCP
          EBSDBA
          Hi,
          You should not change from static Ip to DHCP for Oracle Applications.

A static IP must exist.
          ii) Suppose my server is configured with class C IP address and for a demo temporarily I connect it with a network having IP address of class A, in this case do I've to change IP of my server accordingly to connect single client PC or can I just configure client PC with class C IP to connect my server on same network? 
          Yes, as long as you can ping to the machine where Ebs is installed. You can access the application.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Changing Static IP to DHCP
            Carlo den Otter
            Hello,

Indeed a static address should be used.
            With EBS R12 it might happen oafm, forms and oacore are not starting up after IP adress change of the Oracle Applications Server.
            In that case use the solution from Note 412980.1 : "Oafm,Forms and Oacore Not Starting Up After IP Address Change".

Regards, Carlo.
            • 3. Re: Changing Static IP to DHCP
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Yes. However, I would not recommend using DHCP -- If the IP Address keeps changing you need to clean FND_NODES table and run AutoConfig each time this happens -- How to Clean Nonexistent Nodes or IP Addresses From FND_NODES [ID 260887.1]
              As long as you can ping the server from those clients (as mentioned above), it does not matter what IP class your client is using.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Changing Static IP to DHCP
                qazianeel
                Thanks alot :)