This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 12:07 PM by RaviJegga RSS

Locale Support in BPM

981700 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
I am using Oracle BPM 11g (11.1.1.5), I am integrating my application with BPM Processes defined in Oracle BPM.
Most of my Process are Human Tasks.

I am using bpm-services.jar and oracle.bpm.bpmn-em-tools.jar to integrate with BPM

My requirement is, If I set Chinese Locale in BPM Admin Console, I am able to see the Workflow in Chinese locale with BPM,
but after integration with my Application, I am getting all the values in English in my application though the BPM is using Chinese language.

I tried setting the language in Browser and also in my Application, but it did not work.

I tried IWorkflowContext.setLocale(Locale.CHINESE), but it did not work.

How do I get the text in Chinese locale?

Thank you
  • 1. Re: Locale Support in BPM
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi
    1. Your application level task form details will NOT be in chinese if you do NOT implement your own custom resource bundle and configure it.
    2. With Chinese settings, out of box Workspace and all its Labels will be in Chinese.
    3. But say you have Task form for example with Fields like Order Number, Customer Name etc etc which are purely your application specific that comes from say Payload XSD. This will be in English by default. If you want these labels also in any other Language, you need to implement the standard Java Internationalization logic. All your Task Forms will NOT hard code any Labels or Messages. Instead use Keys and ResourceBundle import. These Keys and their values are specified in different .properties file for different countries etc. Then you configure your Resource Bundle from Admin Console. Refer to the BPM guide on how to customize the Logo, custom resource bundle etc.

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga
  • 2. Re: Locale Support in BPM
    981700 Newbie
    Hi Ravi,
    First of all Thank you for replying to my post.

Let us talk about the second point, with out of the box say the locale is Chinese and I want to open the Workflow through BPM console, I can do that right?

I want the same UI to be displayed in my Application, So I send a request to BPM through the API and the expected response should be chinese View say JSP/HTML or what ever....

how is it possible?

I don't have any content specific to my application, what all I need is the same page to be displayed in my application which is displayed in BPM.

Please could you elaborate on the second point?

Thank you,
    Anantha
  • 3. Re: Locale Support in BPM
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi Anantha
    I am little confused. Are you having your own Custom UI screens to show the list of Tasks, task details etc. Because you are saying you use APIs to get task details. If this is the case, then definetly you need to implement internationalization in your custom UI screens to show task details, list of tasks etc. APIs only return the data. I understand you do not have any custom payload or custom data specific to your application.
    "what all I need is the same page to be displayed in my application which is displayed in BPM". So here in your application means, you have your own custom web application that uses Tasks APIs. Am I right.

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga
  • 4. Re: Locale Support in BPM
    981700 Newbie
    Hi Ravi,
    Please find my answers inline.

I am little confused. Are you having your own Custom UI screens to show the list of Tasks, task details etc.
    No, I am not having any custom JSPs/Screens in my application.
    Because you are saying you use APIs to get task details. If this is the case, then definetly you need to implement internationalization in your custom UI screens to show task details, list of tasks etc. APIs only return the data. I understand you do not have any custom payload or custom data specific to your application.
    I am looking for something line Task task = getTaskFromBPMServer(Locale myChineseLocale, Arg2, arg3 etc);
    the above call should return me data in task object but the information stored in the task object should be in Chinese language.
    what all I need is the same page to be displayed in my application which is displayed in BPM. So here in your application means, you have your own custom web application that uses Tasks APIs. Am I right.
    Correct, I have my own application which uses BPM API and displays the JSP page that we see in BPM.
    so as per my understanding without coming up with a ResourceBundle it is not possible right?

Thank you,
    Anantha
  • 5. Re: Locale Support in BPM
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi
    As far as I know, any APIs in general will return the data in English only. Its only on the UI side, that we use Resource Bundle and properties file to show the data in any specific language. So, yes, you need to handle internationalization on the UI Side itself.

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points