This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 2:34 PM by EJP Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Deploying a Java CORBA application in Web Start
    EJP Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    I think the remote server is not detected when accessing through JNLP.
    No. You are getting 'connection refused' to a specified IP:port. That has nothing to do with JNLP whatsoever. Either there is nothing there, there is a firewall in the way, or the IP:port is incorrect.
  • 16. Re: Deploying a Java CORBA application in Web Start
    gimbal2 Guru
    Note to OP: stop re-posting all that configuration stuff, this has to be the most unclear thread I have seen in months.
  • 17. Re: Deploying a Java CORBA application in Web Start
    AnjanN Newbie
    Anyways
    Thanks a lot for cooperating and discussing with me.

My CORBA application is successfully deployed in Java Web Start ( using Tomcat v6) and Firefox browser.

After thorough analyzing and investigation I found that in Web Start the ORB initial reference cannot be resolved by calling resolve_initial_references("NamingService") due to which all the blunders were occurring.

Instead I resolved the initial reference by CORBA:IIOP locator service. This takes the remote servers host name and the port on which the CORBA domain is running and the application runs fine.

I replaced

org.omg.CORBA.Object initNCRef = i_objORB.resolve_initial_references(PARAM_NAMESERVICE);

with

org.omg.CORBA.Object initNCRef = i_objORB.string_to_object("corbaloc:iiop:vlinux:3088/NameService");

Looking forward to come back again and discuss with the nice tech personnels :) :).
  • 18. Re: Deploying a Java CORBA application in Web Start
    EJP Guru
    What 'nice tech personnel'? This is not a help desk, it is a user to user forum. Gimbal2 and I are not 'tech personnel', we are just Java users like yourself.

And I repeat the problem has nothing to do with JNLP.
  • 19. Re: Deploying a Java CORBA application in Web Start
    gimbal2 Guru
    EJP wrote:
    What 'nice tech personnel'? This is not a help desk, it is a user to user forum. Gimbal2 and I are not 'tech personnel', we are just Java users like yourself.
    Speak for yourself! I'm not a Java "user" good sir I will have you know. What I am is a Java lovin' fool and the sight of Java makes me drool.

Was that the first "Oracle tech support" hotshot of the year or did I miss one already?
  • 20. Re: Deploying a Java CORBA application in Web Start
    EJP Guru
    OKOK. I feel your pain, especially as I am still sobbing unconsoled in devastation over my missing Sheriff icon. How about something like 'we are self-appointed Java gurus and custodians of the sacred scrolls, and internationally recognized, if only by each other, but not tech support and not Oracle employees'.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points