This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 12:07 PM by 892178 RSS

apex_application.g_print_success_message not working

980260 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

In my application, I am using apex_application.g_print_success_message to print success message in the processes section when the page is submitted. However this just doesn't seem to be working.
Surprisingly, same thing is working on development and testing box, however, on production, it is not working.. Initially i thought that "include process success message" checkbox could be left unchecked, but no; the checkbox is very well checked, still this issue..

Tried commenting the statement apex_application.g_print_success_message in the pl/sql block and rather putting the message directly in "Process Success Message" under "Message" section; however even this is not helping out.

Is there anything else which overrides the "include process success message" setting in APEX? Any workaround to make it work?
  • 1. Re: apex_application.g_print_success_message not working
    Hari_639 Guru
    Hello,

Do you use same Theme in Prod and DEV?

You should have #SUCCESS_MESSAGE# substitution string in page template in-order to get apex success message.

Regards,
    Hari
  • 2. Re: apex_application.g_print_success_message not working
    980260 Newbie
    Yes.. themes are same at both places.. regarding #SUCCESS_MESSAGE# - It is also in place in the best of knowledge.. Seems something else is causing issues here.
  • 3. Re: apex_application.g_print_success_message not working
    Andreas Wismann Explorer
    Here are my favourite two quick tests in situations like these:

1. Is the message displayed at least ANYWHERE in the HTML?
    apex_application.g_print_success_message := '///';

Submit the page, open the HTML source and look for ///. If it's there, it's only in the wrong place.

2. Does the process run anyway?
    apex_application.g_print_success_message := 1/0;

Run and submit the page, and if there is no Division By Zero Error, you're not assigning anything at all.
  • 4. Re: apex_application.g_print_success_message not working
    892178 Newbie
    I seem to be having the same issue in a couple of applications. They have just been upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2. The success messages were working fine prior to the upgrade. It seems to be an issue for success messages generated both using the Process Success Messages field on a process and setting the message manually using apex_application.g_print_success_message.

The branches are all set up correctly (with the include process success message box checked), and the success message is even visible in the url after the branch, It just doesn't show up on the page. The substitution string is in place (and seems to work, as if I put a success message on a before header process that message shows up in the correct place on the page). Validation error messages are also working fine.

There seems to be something either preventing the value in the url from being used, or resetting it to null as the page is being rendered, but I cannot figure out what.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points