This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 6:29 AM by KevinDavis RSS

"Generate in DDL" for views

KevinDavis Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I can deselect "Generate in DDL" for a table. It is important that I be able to do so for views as well since I need to do diffs on resulting DDL. I have many objects that are generated automystically and then imported and engineered up to the logical layer so that the attributes may participate in DFD flows. (Circumstances related to SDDMs lack of semantic analysis and to my reliance on DBMS_METADATA transforms).
  • 1. Re: "Generate in DDL" for views
    KevinDavis Newbie
    In an attempt to add an information structure to a flow in a DFD I am unable to add attributes from a view in the logical model???
  • 2. Re: "Generate in DDL" for views
    KevinDavis Newbie
    And it would help if the "Select attributes" dialog were resizeable so that I don't have to repeatedly use the horizontal slider bar
  • 3. Re: "Generate in DDL" for views
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi Kevin,
    I can deselect "Generate in DDL" for a table. It is important that I be able to do so for views as well since I need to do diffs on resulting DDL
    I logged a bug for "Generate in DDL" property not appearing in View properties dialog (relational model). "Generate in DDL" property appearing in table dialog for relational model is valid for relational model only if there is no physical model open. "Generate in DDL" property can be set differently in each physical model - you can set them in "DDL generation options" dialog. Data Modeler 3.3 is going further and you can create (save)/use(load) DDL generation configurations depending on your target.
    In an attempt to add an information structure to a flow in a DFD I am unable to add attributes from a view in the logical model???
    Correct, only attributes from entities are available there.
    And it would help if the "Select attributes" dialog were resizeable so that I don't have to repeatedly use the horizontal slider bar
    I logged a bug for that.

Philip
  • 4. Re: "Generate in DDL" for views
    KevinDavis Newbie
    Thanks Philip on two of three. I consider it a deficiency that I can not use attributes from logical views in my DFDs -- especially if I make extensive use of VPD. Please consider this further.
    -- Kevin