I need to refresh the region using ADS.
I am creating jsff which contains dynamic tables rendering. This jsff is bound to a task flow (having input parameter and refresh property set to "ifNeeded). The bounded task flow is dropped on a jspx as a region.
Now in order to refresh the region, I need to pass the updated param value, which would cause the region refresh.
I am able to do so on a button click from jspx page. But I have to make it auto refresh using ADS as per app requirement.
The issue is "AdfFacesContext.getCurrentInstance return null..if I am using it in startActive Data or changeData Update (where I am using ActiveDataUpdateEvent)".
Please guide me how can I achieve this.
I am using Jdev 188.8.131.52.
Edited by: 977455 on Jan 3, 2013 7:35 PM
try a variation of this blog entry: http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/flexible-active-data-service/
Instead of showing a popup, you do the following
1. set clientComponent=true for the hidden field
2. configured the PartialTrigger property of the region to point to the hidden component
If this doesn't work then try this
1. use <af:clientListener type="propertyChange" method="activeDataCallback" /> as used in the sample
2. define an af:serverListener that points to a managed bean that has access to the region (RichRegion) instance
3. The af:serverListener needs to be defined as a child of the outputText
4. change "activeDataCallback" to queue the server listener event (CustomEvent)
5. Use the managed bean to refresh the region