2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 8:05 PM by scott.wesley RSS

Windows standalone.jar access denied

scott.wesley
      Hi,

In an attempt to mitigate the issue of losing builder sessions
      Re: Apex 4.2 frequent forced logout

I'm trying to update my listener from 2.0.0 215.16.35 to 2.0.0 354.17.05, although the notes don't suggest any relief.

I've unpacked the listener files into a new folder, stopped my old listener, and attempt to start the new one in standalone mode - as per the old, but I receive an access denied message on a folder

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\apex
      *\apex\WEB-INF\standalone.jar (Access is denied)*

This happens even when I run the command prompt as an administrator on Windows 7, using XE11 on 64bit laptop. Here is the full output
      cd c:\apex_listener2.0\
      java -jar apex.war standalone --apex-images \apex4.2\images

Jan 03, 2013 10:26:50 AM oracle.dbtools.common.config.file.ConfigurationFolder l
      ogConfigFolder
      INFO: Using configuration folder: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\apex
      null
      java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.dbtools.jarcl.Entrypoint.main(Entrypoint.java:58)
      Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\apex
      \apex\WEB-INF\standalone.jar (Access is denied)
              at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
              at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.dbtools.standalone.Standalone.extract(Standalone.java:162)
              at oracle.dbtools.standalone.Standalone.extractWar(Standalone.java:180)
              at oracle.dbtools.standalone.Standalone.prepareWarFolder(Standalone.java
      :118)
              at oracle.dbtools.standalone.Standalone.execute(Standalone.java:43)
              at oracle.dbtools.common.cmds.Commands.main(Commands.java:102)
              ... 5 more
      Any suggestions? I can still start the older version of the listener in standalone, but can't navigate to the folder manually.

Scott