This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
If you followed all of the prerequisites, you should not have a problem here...
1) DO NOT USE asmlib. IMProfessionalO it is superfluous.
2) make sure you are using more than one disk in a diskgroup
3) make sure the ownership and permissions are set correctly for the device(s)
4) you should use a minimum of 3 devices (1-2G should be sufficient) and use NORMAL redundancy for the OCR/Voting diskgroup. This will configure 3 voting files - one on each device.
5) configure udev or multipathd to properly set the ownership/permissions on reboot
6) make sure both the grid owner/group and the oracle owner/group can both READ and WRITE to ALL devices on ALL nodes BEFORE you start.
7) You should use the entire device (minus the first 1Mb - ie start at cylinder 2 to last)
To deconfigure what you have already done search for roothas.pl and then search the docs for the commands to "clean up" this failed install.
I have some more questions in connection with your answer. I followed the manual on http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/hunter-rac11gr2-iscsi-088677.html which is using asmlib to configure the disks. Which other possibilities are there? I have been provided some LUN's from the network dept and this is what I have now.
Is it a best practice to use NORMAL redundancy or is it required. As the LUN's are placed on a filer, I used EXTERNAL redundany for OCR?
Obviously the cluvfy does not find such issues, as I had no errors reported before the installation.
Thanks in advance. I am still struggling with this problem, therefore your help is highly appreciated.
External redundancy will make your VOTING disk to disk to one..You have to opt for Normal redundancy to have more than 1 disk.