7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 5:11 AM by Shankar RSS

Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)

Hi there ,

I want to configure oracle webcenter portal framework with the Jdeveloper version 11.1.2.3.0 , but when i try using "search for updates option" under "oracle fusion middleware product" i have not found any such extension.

Is it not compatible,If not then kindly tell me which combination of Jdeveloper and Oracle webcenter portal framework should i use.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)
          Shankar
          Hello Vivek,

Oracle Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0) is not full pledged,It means it not support SOA and WebCenter(oracle fusion middleware product) development.The new JDeveloper is much advance for ADF.Right now Oracle not release SOA and WebCenter Related extensions to Oracle Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0). In feature its may release.

so, that Oracle Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0) is not completable for webcenter.

the Release 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0) version is latest for Oracle webCenter Relates products like WebCenter Content, WebCenter Social: Oracle Social Network, WebCenter Portal and WebCenter Sites etc. so you can use "Oracle JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0" this completable version for Oracle WebCenter.

you can download from following link http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/downloads/jdeveloper11116-1377208.html

Best Regards
          Siva Shankar
          TechDemocracy
          • 2. Re: Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)
            Thank you Shankar for the prompt reply..
            I just have one query in mind:

Oracle version 11.1.1* is a recent version or 11.1.2.* is recent from numbering it shows that 11.1.2.* is recent .......
            • 3. Re: Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)
              Shankar
              Hi Vivek,

Here you can find the detailed explanation about Oracle Jdev history.
              below are the version order.
              after 10 these are the version order they are following
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.1.3.0 April 2010
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.1.5.0 May 2011
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.1.4.0 January 2011
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.1.5.0 May 2011
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.1.6.0 Dec 2012
              upto 11.1.1.6.0 they we call it as 11gR1
              after that new version is 11.1.2.0.0 from this version we call it as 11gR2
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.2.0.0 June 2011
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.2.1.0 June 2011
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.2.2.0 Sep 2011
              Oracle JDeveloper 11g 11.1.2.3.0 August 2012(Latest Jdeveloper as well as ADF)

Important Note - This(11gR2) version of JDeveloper doesn't include the SOA and WebCenter pieces - to use these components you'll need to download Oracle JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0.

I hope your clear about this!

Best Regards
              Siva Shankar
              • 4. Re: Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)
                Thanks Shankar for the info.

I have downloaded the JDev 11.1.1.6.0 version and it has been installed correctly now the next course of action is to configure Oracle Webcenter portal framework...for this i have downloaded a patch and have done all the necessary installation at D:\Oracle\Middleware now i have to apply the patch to this Jdev studio.....how can i do this?

I guess one option is to go for Update tool but as i said i have already downloaded a patch from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/webcenter/portal/downloads/index.html here.....so i have to apply this patch ...

Any Help will be greatly apprecioated

Regards

Vivek
                • 5. Re: Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)
                  Shankar
                  Hi Vivek,

I think you downloaded "WebCenter Extension for JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0" right. if yes you can setup off line.its very easy.
                  I Jdevloper goto help-->check for updates-->in wizard click next in Source step 2 of 5 you will find install from local fine --> from here you can browse and finsh the installtion and restart the Jdeveloper. thats it. below Image how the same.
                  http://www.oracle.com/ocom/groups/public/@otn/documents/digitalasset/261045.jpg

Best Regards
                  Siva Shankar
                  TechDemocracy
                  • 6. Re: Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)
                    Hi Shankar,

Yes i want to configure it offline ....but please see the folder structure which has been present under my base folder D:/Oracle/Middleware........it has certain folders.....now when i try to configure it offline i.e in step when i choose option "Install from local file" then i have to provide extension bundles(in zip fromat).....which bundle is been asked and which one should i provide....

P.S how can i post a screen shot ?haven't found any option?????

for more info please see the contents of "readme HTML page provided".........

Regards

Vivek Arora

<!-- Read ME HTML-->

Oracle® Fusion Middleware Patch Set Notes
                    11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle® Fusion MiddlewarePatch Set Notes

11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0)

December 2011

This document accompanies Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0).

This document contains the following sections:

•Section 1, "What is a Patch Set?"

•Section 2, "About This Patch Set"

•Section 3, "Patch Set Documentation"

•Section 4, "Documentation Accessibility"

1 What is a Patch Set?
                    Patch sets are a mechanism for delivering fully tested and integrated product fixes, as well as product improvements and features. Patch sets include all files that have been rebuilt to implement the bug fixes and features. All of the fixes and features in the patch set have been tested and are certified to work with one another.

Patch sets contain generic fixes that apply to all platforms and may also include platform-specific fixes.

2 About This Patch Set
                    This section provides the following important information about this patch set:

•Section 2.1, "Oracle Fusion Middleware Releases Supported by This Patch Set"

•Section 2.2, "What Happens When You Apply the Patch Set"

2.1 Oracle Fusion Middleware Releases Supported by This Patch Set
                    Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0) can be applied to the following existing Oracle Fusion Middleware installations:

•11g Release 1 (11.1.1.2.0)

•11g Release 1 (11.1.1.3.0)

•11g Release 1 (11.1.1.4.0)

•11g Release 1 (11.1.1.5.0)

If you are currently using Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.1.0), then you must first update your environment to Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.2.0) before applying 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0).

Note:

For some of the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g products, the 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0) patch set can also be used as a full installer for new installations. In those cases, the same installer functions as a patch set installer if the installer detects an existing Middleware home.
                    For more information, see Section 3, "Patch Set Documentation".

2.2 What Happens When You Apply the Patch Set
                    When you apply Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0), the application program updates specific software and configuration files contained in the selected Oracle Fusion Middleware Oracle homes, which reside inside an 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.2.0), 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.3.0), 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.4.0), or 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.5.0) Middleware home.

3 Patch Set Documentation
                    For complete documentation, including installation, upgrade, and patching information for this patch set, refer to the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0) documentation library on the Oracle Technology Network:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fusion-middleware/documentation/index.html
                    In particular, refer to the following sections of the 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0) documentation library, as you plan the installation of this patch set:

•For a summary of the steps required to install Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0), review Chapter 1, "Understanding Your Installation Starting Point," in the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation Planning Guide.

This chapter provides a summary of the steps required to install Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0) for a variety of different users, including customers who are running Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.1.0), and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g (11.1.1.2.0) or 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.3.0).

•For a summary of the standard Oracle terminology and concepts for installing, patching, and upgrading your Oracle Fusion Middleware software, review Chapter 1, "Oracle Fusion Middleware Patching and Upgrade Overview" in the Oracle Fusion Middleware Patching Guide.

In addition, the following My Oracle Support (formerly MetaLink) notes have information related to this patch set:

•Announcing Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0) (Doc ID 1364511.1)

•Fixed Bugs List (11.1.1.6.0) for Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g (Doc ID 1364512.1)

My Oracle Support is available at

http://support.oracle.com

4 Documentation Accessibility
                    Our goal is to make Oracle products, services, and supporting documentation accessible to all users, including users that are disabled. To that end, our documentation includes features that make information available to users of assistive technology. This documentation is available in HTML format, and contains markup to facilitate access by the disabled community. Accessibility standards will continue to evolve over time, and Oracle is actively engaged with other market-leading technology vendors to address technical obstacles so that our documentation can be accessible to all of our customers. For more information, visit the Oracle Accessibility Program Web site at http://www.oracle.com/accessibility/.

Accessibility of Code Examples in Documentation

Screen readers may not always correctly read the code examples in this document. The conventions for writing code require that closing braces should appear on an otherwise empty line; however, some screen readers may not always read a line of text that consists solely of a bracket or brace.

Accessibility of Links to External Web Sites in Documentation

This documentation may contain links to Web sites of other companies or organizations that Oracle does not own or control. Oracle neither evaluates nor makes any representations regarding the accessibility of these Web sites.

Access to Oracle Support

Oracle customers have access to electronic support through My Oracle Support. For information, visit http://www.oracle.com/support/contact.html or visit http://www.oracle.com/accessibility/support.html if you are hearing impaired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle Fusion Middleware Patch Set Notes, 11g Release 1 (11.1.1)

Copyright © 2009, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

This software and related documentation are provided under a license agreement containing restrictions on use and disclosure and are protected by intellectual property laws. Except as expressly permitted in your license agreement or allowed by law, you may not use, copy, reproduce, translate, broadcast, modify, license, transmit, distribute, exhibit, perform, publish, or display any part, in any form, or by any means. Reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of this software, unless required by law for interoperability, is prohibited.

The information contained herein is subject to change without notice and is not warranted to be error-free. If you find any errors, please report them to us in writing.

If this software or related documentation is delivered to the U.S. Government or anyone licensing it on behalf of the U.S. Government, the following notice is applicable:

U.S. GOVERNMENT RIGHTS Programs, software, databases, and related documentation and technical data delivered to U.S. Government customers are "commercial computer software" or "commercial technical data" pursuant to the applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation and agency-specific supplemental regulations. As such, the use, duplication, disclosure, modification, and adaptation shall be subject to the restrictions and license terms set forth in the applicable Government contract, and, to the extent applicable by the terms of the Government contract, the additional rights set forth in FAR 52.227-19, Commercial Computer Software License (December 2007). Oracle USA, Inc., 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.

This software is developed for general use in a variety of information management applications. It is not developed or intended for use in any inherently dangerous applications, including applications which may create a risk of personal injury. If you use this software in dangerous applications, then you shall be responsible to take all appropriate fail-safe, backup, redundancy, and other measures to ensure the safe use of this software. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates disclaim any liability for any damages caused by use of this software in dangerous applications.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

This software and documentation may provide access to or information on content, products, and services from third parties. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates are not responsible for and expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind with respect to third-party content, products, and services. Oracle Corporation and its affiliates will not be responsible for any loss, costs, or damages incurred due to your access to or use of third-party content, products, or services.

• 7. Re: Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper (11.1.2.3.0)
                      Shankar
                      hello Vivek,

I am saying about Configuring Oracle webcenter portal framework using Jdeveloper.not related to Patch Set.
                      for your question if you want to configure Jdeveloper for Oracle WebCenter Potral framwork. please follow the my above post.

Patch Set is defined like

Patch sets are a mechanism for delivering fully tested and integrated product fixes, as well as product improvements and features. Patch sets include all files that have been rebuilt to implement the bug fixes and features. All of the fixes and features in the patch set have been tested and are certified to work with one another.

but your question is not related to patch set.

Regards
                      Siva