3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 11:45 AM by jgarry RSS

DB Dump file

Hello,

I am getting the following error when I import the DB. The background is that I had successfully imported the DB from the dmp file using the command below and by first unzipping zzz.dmp.gz file. However, I needed to reinstall my Oracle 11g XE DB. The unzipped zzz.dmp.gz file was still in my folder, but I accidently opened it in Notepad++. Now, everytime I unzip this .dmp.gz file, the .dmp is a bad dmp and throws the error below. Is there a solution? I am using Windows 7.

SQL> $impdp "' / as sysdba'" parfile=C:\xxx\yyy.prfl

Import: Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on Fri Jan 4 09:30:21 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Productio
      n
      ORA-39001: invalid argument value
      ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
      ORA-31640: unable to open dump file "c:\xxx\zzz.dmp" for read
      ORA-27041: unable to open file
      OSD-04002: unable to open file
      O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.

SQL>
        • 1. Re: DB Dump file
          sb92075
          979963 wrote:
          Hello,

I am getting the following error when I import the DB. The background is that I had successfully imported the DB from the dmp file using the command below and by first unzipping zzz.dmp.gz file. However, I needed to reinstall my Oracle 11g XE DB. The unzipped zzz.dmp.gz file was still in my folder, but I accidently opened it in Notepad++. Now, everytime I unzip this .dmp.gz file, the .dmp is a bad dmp and throws the error below. Is there a solution? I am using Windows 7.

SQL> $impdp "' / as sysdba'" parfile=C:\xxx\yyy.prfl

Import: Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on Fri Jan 4 09:30:21 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Productio
          n
          ORA-39001: invalid argument value
          ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
          ORA-31640: unable to open dump file "c:\xxx\zzz.dmp" for read
          ORA-27041: unable to open file
          OSD-04002: unable to open file
          O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.
          line above can indicate that another thread holds the file open.
          you could resort to typical Microsoft "solution" & give system 3-fingered salute Ctrl-Alt_Del & reboot
          • 2. Re: DB Dump file
            Aman....
            I believe that the file is corrupted. If the suggestion given by Sb-to close the editor and retry, doesn't work , it surely means that the file is corrupted.

Aman....
            • 3. Re: DB Dump file
              jgarry
              Probably what happened is lines got truncated for being too long. If you ever happen to make this mistake again, exit the editor without saving - many editors aren't destructive in this case, I don't know about yours. If you have the plugin to autosave every minute, that's what you get for being assured of not losing your work...