6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 3:00 PM by ironarm RSS

How to Hide Actions

ironarm
      What is the best practice for hiding "Item actions" menu items such as Delete and Move, and Folder Actions such as "Update" and "Propagate" ?
        • 1. Re: How to Hide Actions
          William Phelps
          It depends. What's the version of Content Server? If 11g, is this FrameworkFolders or Folders_g?

Typically this is going to be some type of customization to remove the menu options, but depending on which folders setup (FrameworkFolders or Folders_g), and what is the exact need, a combination of a few configuration settings or security permissions may fit the need. (Meaning the menu choices may still be there, but the underlying functionality would be disabled.)
          • 2. Re: How to Hide Actions
            ironarm
            It's 11g with folders_g
            Only admins should be able to move, delete, etc. Admins are identified by role

Edited by: ironarm on Jan 4, 2013 11:23 AM
            • 3. Re: How to Hide Actions
              William Phelps
              ironarm wrote:Only admins should be able to move, delete, etc. Admins are identified by role
              Oops, that's not quite right. Users of any role that have RWDA permissions to a security group (assuming you are not using accounts as well) have a level of administrative privilege as well. To limit who has what access level to a folder would require a user not have the "A" attribute to the security group of the folder (and no "A" access to the account as well.)

One thing you can do to curb changes to the folder structure with folders_g is to add the setting "CollectionIsConsumptionOnly=1" to config.cfg. This keeps everybody from adding NEW folders, but seems to allow those users with admin privileges to move, delete, etc, while non-admins can't. You mileage may vary, but it's one way to get some of the restrictions you are asking for. The setting doesn't remove the menus, but it does stop the action from occurring.
              • 4. Re: How to Hide Actions
                Bunty
                look at
                include : setup_display_collection_action_popups
                ResultSet: PopupProps (has ifclause)
                file: fodlers_g/resources/folders_list_resource.htm

you will be able to show/hide the options with this (Web Interface only).
                • 5. Re: How to Hide Actions
                  ironarm
                  @Will, I'm not trying to limit access to specific folders. I'm looking to actually remove the menu options globally. CollectionIsConsumptionOnly=1 looks promising. And It's ok if admins have access to move/delete, as long as no one else does. I'll have to test it. There is only 1 local admin account, which is the weblogic account. The other admin accounts are based on Active Directory groups.

@Bunty... thanks i'll look into that

Edited by: ironarm on Jan 4, 2013 5:40 PM

Edited by: ironarm on Jan 4, 2013 5:41 PM

Edited by: ironarm on Jan 4, 2013 5:41 PM
                  • 6. Re: How to Hide Actions
                    ironarm
                    Thanks Bunty, I was able to hide menu items by overriding the dynamicdata