3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 12:45 AM by Vivek Chetiaparath RSS

Hyperion Shared Services -- External user containers getting missed out

Hi All ,

In my hyperion enviornment user authentication is done through native directory and also through External directories configured to LDAP - OIDM . Frequently the external containers are getting disappeared from the shared services console. But when i restart the services its getting back some time. Some times it take some time to reflect back. I dont understand why this is happening.Quick hep is appreciated.

Thanks,
      roshi
        • 1. Re: Hyperion Shared Services -- External user containers getting missed out
          Vivek Chetiaparath
          Details like which version of Hyperion? What is the patch level?

Thx
          VIVEK
          • 2. Re: Hyperion Shared Services -- External user containers getting missed out
            Hi

Version is 11.1.1.2 .

Not sure which is patch level.

I have two enviornments one is test and one production. We have only one LDAP server so that both evniornments are getting connected to same LDAP system for the containers. Theres no problem in the Test enviornment with fetching the containers its working good .

In the production enviornment when i checked the Logs for SharedServices_Security.log i get the following error messages :

2013-01-04 15:35:49,535 ERROR [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.hyperion.css.spi.impl.ldap.LDAPProvider.isAvailable(Unknown Source) -- 27:3511:Failed to connect. Invalid value for port number.[Root Cause: <server>.com:389; socket closed ]

2013-01-04 15:35:49,535 WARN [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.hyperion.css.spi.CSSManager.getProvider(Unknown Source) -- Failed to instantiate provider for factory: com.hyperion.css.spi.impl.ldap.LDAPFactory.[Root Cause: 27:3511:Failed to connect. Invalid value for port number. ]

2013-01-04 15:35:49,535 WARN [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.hyperion.css.spi.CSSManager.isNull(Unknown Source) -- Skipping provider: <Container name>. Failed to get provider instance.

2013-01-04 16:31:51,817 ERROR [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] com.hyperion.css.spi.impl.ldap.LDAPProvider.isAvailable(Unknown Source) -- 27:1112:Failed to connect to <servername>.com at 389.

But when i telnet to the LDAP server with portnumber i am getting connected . So not sure where the exact problem is . Please help.
            • 3. Re: Hyperion Shared Services -- External user containers getting missed out
              Vivek Chetiaparath
              connect. Invalid value for port number.[Root Cause: <server>.com:389; socket closed ]

com.hyperion.css.spi.impl.ldap.LDAPFactory.[Root Cause: 27:3511:Failed to connect. Invalid value for port number.

The errors basically indicates that there is something going on in the network.May not be consistent (like when you did telnet)....May be something a network trace can prove..

Thx
              VIVEK