1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 85 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 7:13 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
        Thanks Hussein!!

Thanks

About running md5sum ,as far as I know it, it's a way to verify the integrity of files and to check if they are not corrupted and whether they do match. I have used it all along to check my personal files and the staff.

So you mean I have to do the same for the oracle software delivery files I downloaded to check if they are not corrupted and whether they match my system????

Thanks Brother
        • 31. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
          and more so How do I have access to the md5 checksum txt file my platform??

thanks
          • 32. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
            I meant to say where can I get the txt file to compare my checksum results after running md5sums??

thanks..
            • 33. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Above"N"Beyond wrote:
              Thanks Hussein!!

Thanks

About running md5sum ,as far as I know it, it's a way to verify the integrity of files and to check if they are not corrupted and whether they do match. I have used it all along to check my personal files and the staff.

So you mean I have to do the same for the oracle software delivery files I downloaded to check if they are not corrupted and whether they match my system????

Thanks Brother
              Correct.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 34. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Above"N"Beyond wrote:
                and more so How do I have access to the md5 checksum txt file my platform??

thanks
                It is in the doc referenced above, you can download it from there.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 35. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Above"N"Beyond wrote:
                  I meant to say where can I get the txt file to compare my checksum results after running md5sums??

thanks..
                  When you run md5sum it will generate a file that you need to compare with the one you have to download from the doc.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 36. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                    Hie Hussein!!

Im stuck big time..I know this is not difficult but with less information is it!!

I have two questuions:

1. How do I become a member to be able to access the metalink Docs??
                    2. About the Unzip item, my log file says RC-20200: Fatal: Could not find Unzip. At this time only Native UnZip 5.X is supported.

Please make sure you have UnZip 5.X in your path and try again...

As you mentioned before, I believe I'm failing to instal due to this Unzip file,my question is
                    a) is it locate in Cygwin or smthing?
                    b) how do i identify its version??

thanks..
                    • 37. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      1. How do I become a member to be able to access the metalink Docs??
                      You need to have a CSI number -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=CSI&objID=c84&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15
                      2. About the Unzip item, my log file says RC-20200: Fatal: Could not find Unzip. At this time only Native UnZip 5.X is supported.

Please make sure you have UnZip 5.X in your path and try again...

As you mentioned before, I believe I'm failing to instal due to this Unzip file,my question is
                      a) is it locate in Cygwin or smthing?
                      b) how do i identify its version??
                      Issue "which unzip" and "unzip -version" commands.

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 38. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                        Hie Bro thanks for your last help...

I ended up starting all anew in a fresh environment. Install Cygwin with the unzip file. When I was installing today the Oracle universal installer hanged at 79%..

Below is my log file>
                        ________________________________-
                        Processing DriverFile = E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adriapps.drv
                        Running Instantiation Drivers for E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adriapps.drv
                        instantiate file:
                        source : E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrunias.cmd
                        dest : E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\temp\adrunias.cmd
                        backup : E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\temp\adrunias.cmd to E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_alpha\out\templbac\adrunias.cmd
                        instantiate file:
                        source : E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrunat.cmd
                        dest : E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\temp\adrunat.cmd
                        backup : E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\temp\adrunat.cmd to E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_alpha\out\templbac\adrunat.cmd
                        Step 0 of 5

Command: E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\temp\adrunias.cmd

Processing Step 3 of 5

Executing: E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\temp\adrunias.cmd

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM $Header: adrunias.cmd 120.11 2009/01/19 06:29:11 marderiu noship $

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM ###############################################################

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM 387859.1 for assistance.

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM ###############################################################

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('DATE /T') DO (set date=%a )

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set date=Tue 01/08/2013 )

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('TIME /T') DO (set time=%a )

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set time=10:07 AM )

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>ECHO STARTED INSTALL PHASE : APPS TECH STACK : Tue 01/08/2013 10:07 AM

STARTED INSTALL PHASE : APPS TECH STACK : Tue 01/08/2013 10:07 AM

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_PATH=E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.6.0\bin\java

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_CP=.;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET XML_FILE=E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\appl\admin\VIS_alpha.xml

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET PATH=E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\unzip\NT;E:\WINDOWS\system32;E:\WINDOWS;E:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;e:\cygwin\bin;e:\G777\VC\bin

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET EC=ERRORCODE

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>setlocal enableextensions

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set /P unpw=""

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2 delims=/" %i in ('APPS/APPS') do set APPSUSER=%i && set APPSPASS=%j

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set APPSUSER=APPS && set APPSPASS=APPS

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>IF "5" == "1" (SET THREADS=1 ) ELSE (SET THREADS=2 )

E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>CD /D E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>if "FALSE" == "E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\temp\adrunias.cmd" (if not "FALSE" == "FALSE" (goto :FALSE ) else (goto :runProcess_1 ) )

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo "runProcess_1"

"runProcess_1"

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>REM

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>REM Perform the install for tech stack

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo Statusstring Installing Applications Technology Stack

Statusstring Installing Applications Technology Stack

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.6.0\bin\java -mx600M -classpath .;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar oracle.apps.ad.rapidwiz.util.InstantiateFile -e E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\appl\admin\VIS_alpha.xml -d E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\driver\appsts\driver\gias.drv -pwd no_password_here -log E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\apps_st\appl\admin\VIS_alpha\log\ApplyAppsTechStack.log -nthreads 2 -verbose

Enter the location of the CD labeled Oracle Applications Rapid Install - Tools Disk 1 :

Checking Disk contents in - E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz
                        Checking Disk contents in - E:\StageR12\oraAS\Disk1
                        Checking Disk contents in - E:\StageR12\oraAS\Disk1

Unzip Count:60

Processing Disk1....

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>if 0 == 0 goto :BITS_OK

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo "runProcess_2"

"runProcess_2"

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>REM Perform the registration for tech stack

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo Statusstring Registering Applications Technology Stack

Statusstring Registering Applications Technology Stack

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>(echo APPS & echo APPS ) | E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.6.0\bin\java -mx512M -classpath .;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyAppsTechStack -e E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\appl\admin\VIS_alpha.xml -stage E:\StageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz -showProgress -phase reg -nopromptmsg

Log file located at E:\StageR12\VIS\inst\apps\VIS_alpha\admin\log\ApplyAppsTechStack_01081014.log

| 0% completed

/ 3% completed

- 3% completed >>>>

\ 3% completed RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyAppsTechStack:

RC-50013: Fatal: Failed to instantiate driver E:\StageR12\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3\appsutil\driver\regclone.drv

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>if 1 == 0 goto :REG_OK

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo Cannot execute registration of Applications Techstack

Cannot execute registration of Applications Techstack

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>if "" == "TRUE" goto :INSIAS_OK

RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
                        RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
                        Running APPL_TOP Install Driver for VIS instance
                        _____________________________________________________________________________

I do not know whats happening..My Visual Studio version is for 2008.and Cygwin is fine.
                        Im installing on Windows Xp..

Any help??

Thanks
                        • 39. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Please check the log file for details about the error.

Please also see if (Rapidwiz 12.1.1 Fails To Execute Ouicli.Pl During Apps 10.1.3 Techstack Autoconfig [ID 1328464.1]) helps.

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 40. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                            Hie!! Finally I managed to install Oracle R12 Vision Demo in Windows Xp....Honestly after a struggle with no clue, I thought of praying about it..and God intervened. I realized that its better to always install on a fresh environment to make sure that the failed installation is completely wiped out.

Thank you Mr Hussein.
                            God bless you!!!
                            • 41. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                              Hi Bro!!

I am trying to launch some Oracle forms here but they are not being displayed e.g when I try to open the "Sales order" under "Order Management Super User, Vision Operations"....it does not open up..the browser simply writes "Done"!!

Is there something missing..? I checked my Browser it is IE 8 -32 bit and my OS is a 32 Windows Xp, and my Java item is 32 bit...may you kindly help me??

Thanks
                              • 42. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                Please mention the navigation path -- i.e. Responsibility name along with the form navigation.

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 43. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                                  Ok it is as below:

Order Management Super User>Orders,Returns>Sales Orders.

The form at that point is not opening!!!! Hope I am clear my Bro...

Thanks
                                  • 44. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                    From the OS, please check if the fmx file exists or not -- Source the application env file and issue "ls -l %ONT_TOP%\forms\US\OEXOEORD.fmx"

Thanks,
                                    Hussein