2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 12:38 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Steps to do multi-node cloning

swapnil_yeole
      Hello,

In my previous organization We were having separate DB and Appln node for PROD and while cloning we were restoring back-up of both on single node.

Now in my new organization there are separate Nodes for DB and Appln on test server also, I don't have any idea regarding multi node cloning.

Can any one please guide me.

If possible can you please provide exact steps to follow.

Thanks
      Swapnil
        • 1. Re: Steps to do multi-node cloning
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl see the "Advanced Cloning Options" section in these MOS Docs

Cloning Oracle Applications Release 11i with Rapid Clone [ID 230672.1]
          Cloning Oracle Applications Release 12 with Rapid Clone [ID 406982.1]

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Steps to do multi-node cloning
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            swapnil_yeole wrote:
            Hello,

In my previous organization We were having separate DB and Appln node for PROD and while cloning we were restoring back-up of both on single node.

Now in my new organization there are separate Nodes for DB and Appln on test server also, I don't have any idea regarding multi node cloning.

Can any one please guide me.

If possible can you please provide exact steps to follow.

Thanks
            Swapnil
            Multi-node cloning is similar to single node cloning except you need to copy the files from/to multiple servers. So, you need to run preclone on all database/apps servers, copy the files, then run postclone on all servers.

Rapid Clone Documentation Resources For Release 11i and 12 [ID 799735.1]

Thanks,
            Hussein