Currently Being Moderated
Hi All
please help me on how to pass parameter in report , apex 4.1

Thanks
  • 1. Re: parameter passing
    fac586 Guru
    >

Please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your profile with a real handle instead of "951819".

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
    <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
    <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
    <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
    <li>Theme
    <li>Template(s)
    <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
    please help me on how to pass parameter in report , apex 4.1
    This is very basic and is covered in the <i>Oracle® Database 2 Day + Application Express Developer's Guide</i> which has a section on "Linking a Column Value to Another Page". You should complete this tutorial to understand fundamental APEX concepts before attempting to create other applications or using advanced techniques.

The <a href="documentation also covers the topic, describing how to create parameterised links in standard and interactive reports.

It's also important to understand the APEX URL syntax and how this is used to link pages and pass values between them. Note that it is not good practice to pass large amounts of data via the URL. Only pass discrete alphanumeric values in this way. Other values required on the target page can be retrieved in item source and default properties, computations or processes using these values, and/or by referencing other page or application item values already in session state.
  • 2. Re: parameter passing
    954822 Newbie
    My requirement is to give user prompts where user can dynamically pass the parameter for query condition.
    It's nothing with Filters because i dnt want to show that condition field in the report ..

How this could be done ...
    Please instruct me on this

Full APEX version - 4.1

Full DB/version - Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition

Web server architecture- PL/SQL Gate way

Thanks
  • 3. Re: parameter passing
    Joni Vandenberghe Pro
    You could do this to search a report:
    1. Create a text field
    2. Add a button to submit the page
    3. Add a where clause to your query example
    WHERE UPPER(mycolumn) LIKE '%'||UPPER(:PX_MY_TEXT_FIELD)||'%' OR :PX_MY_TEXT_FIELD IS NULL

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points