This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
If you followed all of the prerequisites, you should not have a problem here...
1) DO NOT USE asmlib. IMProfessionalO it is superfluous.
2) make sure you are using more than one disk in a diskgroup
3) make sure the ownership and permissions are set correctly for the device(s)
4) you should use a minimum of 3 devices (1-2G should be sufficient) and use NORMAL redundancy for the OCR/Voting diskgroup. This will configure 3 voting files - one on each device.
5) configure udev or multipathd to properly set the ownership/permissions on reboot
6) make sure both the grid owner/group and the oracle owner/group can both READ and WRITE to ALL devices on ALL nodes BEFORE you start.
7) You should use the entire device (minus the first 1Mb - ie start at cylinder 2 to last)
To deconfigure what you have already done search for roothas.pl and then search the docs for the commands to "clean up" this failed install.
I have some more questions in connection with your answer. I followed the manual on http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/hunter-rac11gr2-iscsi-088677.html which is using asmlib to configure the disks. Which other possibilities are there? I have been provided some LUN's from the network dept and this is what I have now.
Is it a best practice to use NORMAL redundancy or is it required. As the LUN's are placed on a filer, I used EXTERNAL redundany for OCR?
Obviously the cluvfy does not find such issues, as I had no errors reported before the installation.
Thanks in advance. I am still struggling with this problem, therefore your help is highly appreciated.