4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 4:34 PM by opthomas RSS

File Adapter issue

We have SOA Suite deployed on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I have a FileAdapter set up to read files from a shared directory. However when I first start the composite it will read files from the directory but then refuses to read any new files.

1. We have created a domain user that has full access to all files and folders in the share
      2. The same domain user is being used to start SOA Suite

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: File Adapter issue
          Is your domain clustered?
          Are you using eis/HAFileAdapter instead of eis/FileAdapter connection factory?
          The new files which the composite does not process, do they have same name as the old files which were processed?

Check out this thread for a similar issue.
          Re: File adapter: File with same file name is not picked up twice
          • 2. Re: File Adapter issue
            Domain is not clustered and I am using standard file Adapter not HA.

If I change the directory to a local drive it all works without any issues.

The user used to start SOA Suite is a Domain account which should have access to that directory - I can see the files on the drive and create new files in there.
            • 3. Re: File Adapter issue

Documentation states "Only files with modification dates more recent than the last processed file are retrieved."...

That may be applying in your environment... It can also may be linked to delete/archive files on retrieval configuration...

Hope this helps...

• 4. Re: File Adapter issue
                There's a problem with deleting files from a file share

If I don't select the Archive & Delete functionality when configuring the adapter all files in the directory are processed correctly. However they do remain in the directory so there is a risk if some updates any of the files that they could be processed again.