1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 12:14 PM by bigdelboy RSS

Oracle R12 training

Hello,

I have 4 years of exp as oracle R12 end user (Oracle receivables - Good Knowledge), planning to train on oracle R12 and certification on Oralce receivables.

Could you please suggest on this?

Is there any chance to get a job with end user exp + certification in present market.

Thank you.
      Prashanth
        • 1. Re: Oracle R12 training
          bigdelboy
          980221 wrote:
          Hello,

I have 4 years of exp as oracle R12 end user (Oracle receivables - Good Knowledge), planning to train on oracle R12 and certification on Oralce receivables.

Could you please suggest on this?

Is there any chance to get a job with end user exp + certification in present market.

Thank you.
          Prashanth
          Hopefully your experience holds you in good stead, and typically will help you get a simailar job. But it will depend on demand in your locality at any point in time.

You have not indicated what exam/certification you wish to study for: I assume it is:
          'Oracle EBS R12.1 Receivables Essentials' http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=5001&get_params=p_exam_id:1Z0-518&p_org_id=&lang=

My best understanding, and it is only my best understanding, it that this is an OCS certification mainly targetted at Oracle Partners ( i.e. resllers / support organisations ) to confirm they have sufficent staff able to support this area. As such the certification is probably less likely to be demanded by end user organisations.

Having said that, studying it may improve our knowledge of the product and enable you to demonstrate your knowledge of it in a better way at interview.

There is amore substantial certification: Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Financials Certified Expert Consultants, Payables

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=458&get_params=p_track_id:EBSR12FP

This involves a couple of exams (1z0-204 and 1z0-215) and requires you to get verified Oracle Training to get the certification.

This is a more substantial certification and earns OCE. This would open up the possibility of further roles, but you may find experience at this level lets you down.

Apologies this is not my normal area so I may not have given a good answer.