I have DB tables which stores millions of records as supposed to 1000 of records , hence accessing and retrieving these records
is a problem. We have also split the tables into various association tables to reduce the number of columns in a single table.
But still with these association tables also we need to use JOIN with the parent tables to retrieve the data. Since the tables
contains huge amount of records retrieving is a problem, we also have proper 3NF normalization used for logical grouping of data, as well
as we have the respective index created for the table columns. But still the problem persists, accessing and retrieving those
huge data set is a problem. Please let me know how we can design it better when we have huge record set stored in the tables
as well as millions of users accessing those records and same time?
Please provide more details..
1. is your database designed for OLTP or DW (datawarehouse) ?
2. How big is the table ? size in GB ? is it greater than 20 GB
3. Do you have columns like, DATE data type, column have less distinct values, for eg color of car.
4. how many tables do you join in your query ?
5. what version of the database are you using ?
You posted this follow-up a mere 49 minutes after your previous post.
This forum is not a chat line, and it is not paid support.
Everyone here has a job for which they are paid, and this forum is not it.
No one is responsible for monitoring it and giving a quick response.
Furthermore, it is a global forum. The person with the information you seek may very well live 20 time zones away from you and was going to bed just as you posted. He will not even see your post for several more hours.
Your original post went up in the middle of the night for half the world.
No one with the information you seek is deliberately withholding it until you sound sufficiently desperate.
Here are the details:-
1. is your database designed for OLTP or DW (datawarehouse) ? Datawarehouse
2. How big is the table ? size in GB ? is it greater than 20 GB : Yes size is in GB greater than 20 GB for some tables
3. Do you have columns like, DATE data type, column have less distinct values, for eg color of car. Yes we have Date datatype
4. how many tables do you join in your query ? MAX 5 tables
5. what version of the database are you using ? Oracle 10