This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 9:25 AM by 983342 RSS

How to move data from Database Table to Dynamic Translation Repository

977656 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a requirement where Instead of creating each entry in Dynamic Translation Repository manually for every word and for each language,

if I can move the data directly from my database table to this repository?

In database table, same three columns will be there "Translation from", "language" and "Translation to"

is there a way of doing this.

Apex 4.1.0.00.32
Oracle 11g R2

Regards,
Ani
  • 1. Re: How to move data from Database Table to Dynamic Translation Repository
    Arie Geller Guru
    Hello Ani,

>> I have a requirement where Instead of creating each entry in Dynamic Translation Repository manually for every word and for each language, if I can move the data directly from my database table to this repository?

The API for dynamic translation is not documented, hence it is NOT supported by Oracle.

Having said that, you can export an application that includes a dynamic translation entry and learn how APEX creates this repository. Hint - look for
    wwv_flow_api.create_dynamic_translation
    Now you can use this API in your own script.

Regards,
    Arie.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ♦ Please remember to mark appropriate posts as correct/helpful. For the long run, it will benefit us all.

♦ Author of Oracle Application Express 3.2 – The Essentials and More
  • 2. Re: How to move data from Database Table to Dynamic Translation Repository
    977656 Newbie
    Hi Arie,

Thanks for the quick reply.

when I am trying to export my application with "Export Translations" I am getting error:
    Error     Error exporting flow 802. ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
              ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
    but when I am exporting without Export Translations it is exporting.

Regards,
    Ani
  • 3. Re: How to move data from Database Table to Dynamic Translation Repository
    Arie Geller Guru
    Hello Ani,

>
    when I am trying to export my application with "Export Translations" I am getting error:
    Error     Error exporting flow 802. ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
              ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
    We need some more information about your environment like database version and characterset, APEX version and Web connection (OHS with plsql_mod, EPG or APEX Listener). Also, in what languages are you working?

BTW, the dynamic translation messages are included in any application export, regardless of the setting for Export Translations.

Regards,
    Arie.
  • 4. Re: How to move data from Database Table to Dynamic Translation Repository
    983342 Newbie
    Hi Arie,

Thanks, This helped me resolving the issue.

Sorry, I can't mark your post as correct, I changed my email id and it delinked my old messages and posts.

having few more questions, creating new post for that.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Ani

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points