This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 7:37 AM by bigdelboy RSS

Fulfill the OCM training requirement using Administration Workshop II

user1093072 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Can you kindly tell me is that possible to use Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2 training to fulfill the OCM training requirement.

Regards,
Krish
  • 1. Re: Fulfill the OCM training requirement using Administration Workshop II
    bigdelboy Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    user1093072 wrote:
    Hi All,

Can you kindly tell me is that possible to use Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2 training to fulfill the OCM training requirement.

Regards,
    Krish
    The answer is no.

Reason:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=244#5

In general I am expecting a DBA OCM candidated to be able to find it for themselves. But it is important for a budding DBA OCP should they have both the 'Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2 training' and an OCM satisifing training course when applying for their OCP that the use the 'Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2 training' aginst their OCP the leaving the 'OCM' satisifing training course free for OCM.

Edited by: bigdelboy on 07-Jan-2013 07:28 ... that said anyone early on their OCM journey who has the choice may whihc to consider 12c DBA OCM instead. Because of training requirements against particular versions you may need to choose carefully, and remember 11g DBA OCM will possible be retired in a relatevely sort time. say assume 2 years IMHO ... but I am only guessing; after that only 12c DBA OCM will be available.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points