This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 3:23 PM by JuMae RSS

OBIEE 10G

JuMae Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Trying to import tables from Database and running into this error:

(Failed to load the DLL C:\OracleBI\server\Bin\nqsdbgatewayoci10g.dll. Check if ‘Oracle OCI 10G’ database client is installed)

Tried to incorporate the client path into the environment variables and still no luck.

Need some assistance......thanks!
  • 1. Re: OBIEE 10G
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Check the ID 1215723.1
    or else
    1. Uninstall the 64-bit Oracle client
    2. Install the 32-bit Oracle client
  • 2. Re: OBIEE 10G
    JuMae Newbie
    What ID are you referring to?

Oracle sent me the only Client Tool install for 10G

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-enterprise-edition/downloads/business-intelligence-10g-165415.html
  • 3. Re: OBIEE 10G
    JuMae Newbie
    I need to verify something as well. Is there a way to completely give end users create/edit/publish abilities in regards to 10G Dashboards?
  • 4. Re: OBIEE 10G
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Its Oracle Doc ID 1215723.1, you need Oracle support login to check that.

You need to have give privileges (using Administrator->Manage Privileges )to end users create/edit/publish
    and then 'Add Folders' from BI Pub using Admin>Roles and Permissions

If helps pls mark

Hope all is well with other post as per last night :)

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Jan 7, 2013 3:09 PM
  • 5. Re: OBIEE 10G
    JuMae Newbie
    Hey, thanks for the response. Thats what I thought as far as the priveleges. Still waiting on the cast column. They haven't responded to me yet, so I don't know if it was what they wanted.

thanks Cory
  • 6. Re: OBIEE 10G
    JuMae Newbie
    Still having issue with nQSError: [46029]. I am able to establish an ODBC connection, allowing me to connect to the BI server. The client tools that I have (10.1.3.4.1) were the only tools that Oracle could offer me. When I go into the RPD and try to view data from a physical column I still get "Failed to load the DLL C:\OracleBIServer|Bin\nqsdbgatewayoci10g.dll. Check if 'Oracle OCI 10G' database client is installed." I have contacted Oracle Support and the only help they have given me is a download for an 11G client. I am working with 10G, and they are of no help. I need to import tables, and need help now. I am working through VPN directly into clients database.
  • 7. Re: OBIEE 10G
    JuMae Newbie
    I have just received the document that you have desribed. I am going to give it a try and see what happens. I wll keep you posted.

Thanks SV
  • 8. Re: OBIEE 10G
    JuMae Newbie
    From the Document 1215723.1 I read this "OBIEE 10.1.3.4 is compatible with the 11g client as per the following bookshelf document" so I downloaded the 11G client and now I'm getting Login failed due to nQSError 43090 Server version (10.1.3.4.1 090414.1900) is incompatible with the client. The client protocol version range is 12 - 12. Server range is 6 - 6. nQSError 37001 Could not connect to the Oracle BI Server Instance.

Please Advise.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points