This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 10:34 AM by 982742 RSS

Accounting for Multiple Cygwin Paths for Windows Hosts

982742 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone,

We are using EM12cR2 (installed on RHEL) but need to monitor a number of Windows hosts. For most Windows hosts, Cygwin is installed in the default path (C:\cygwin) but we also have Citrix XenApp servers that we would like to monitor but they do not have a C: drive, just M:. I've seen the settings file that allows someone to change the Cygwin path but I can't find information on whether or not you can add multiple paths to that line and what that syntax would be. I've also seen an older Citrix plug-in but I don't see anything stating it's compatibility with this version of EM. If I could, I would test out a number of scenarios in a lab environment but we don't have that option.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add multiple Cygwin paths (and what the syntax is), if the Citrix plug-in is compatible with EM12cR2, or if there's another way to do this that I'm not thinking of?

Thank you,
EMS
  • 1. Re: Accounting for Multiple Cygwin Paths for Windows Hosts
    542029 Newbie
    Hi ,

you have to update the following properties in $OMS_HOME/oui/prov/ssPaths_msplats.properties to reflect the new cygwin installation location.

eg.

From
    SSH_PATH=C:/cygwin/bin/ssh.exe
    SCP_PATH=C:/cygwin/bin/scp.exe
    MKDIR_PATH=C:/cygwin/bin/mkdir.exe
    SH_PATH=C:/cygwin/bin/sh.exe
    CHMOD_PATH=C:/cygwin/bin/chmod.exe
    TRUE=C:/cygwin/bin/true.exe

To
    SSH_PATH=M:/cygwin/bin/ssh.exe
    SCP_PATH=M:/cygwin/bin/scp.exe
    MKDIR_PATH=M:/cygwin/bin/mkdir.exe
    SH_PATH=M:/cygwin/bin/sh.exe
    CHMOD_PATH=M:/cygwin/bin/chmod.exe
    TRUE=M:/cygwin/bin/true.exe

thanks,
    Prakash
  • 2. Re: Accounting for Multiple Cygwin Paths for Windows Hosts
    982742 Newbie
    Sorry - I just saw this post.

Changing all the entries from C: to M: still only accounts for one path. Can you account for multiple paths (all other servers have CYGWIN on the C: but the Citrix servers only have M: - I need to account for both install locations)

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points