This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 11:52 PM by jaap van Dijk RSS

How to catch an ORA-error with automated OMBDEPLOYment

jaap van Dijk Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm writing an tcl-script to automate deployment. When an OMBDEPLOY command with operation CREATE results in an ORA-error ORA-00955 because the object already exists, this is not marked as an error by OMBPLUS and not even shown when deploying from a tcl-procedure. The tcl-command 'catch' with which I try to catch errors returns FALSE in this case.

Has anyone got an idea how I can check for these kind of errors or at least get them to be shown in the output when deploying from a tcl-procedure?

Regards,
Jaap.
  • 1. Re: How to catch an ORA-error with automated OMBDEPLOYment
    jaap van Dijk Newbie
    Okay,

No reaction sofar. I guess what I want is not possible so I'll use a workaround: instead of execting the OMBDEPLOY commands I wil spool them to a tcl-file and then source this file. In that case the Oracle errors will be displayed (I hope).

Regards,
    Jaap.
  • 2. Re: How to catch an ORA-error with automated OMBDEPLOYment
    schoonn Newbie
    Hello Jaap,

Maybe you can use OMBVALIDATE after OMBDEPLOY :

OMB+> OMBVALIDATE MAPPING ‘BLL_01_SOORT_GEVAL_I’ OUTPUT VALIDATION_RESULT TO FILE ‘E:/log/BLL_01_SOORT_GEVAL_I.log’ WRITE ALL
    Valid.
    OMB+> head E:/log/BLL_01_SOORT_GEVAL_I.log
    Status code = VALID
    Name = BLL_01_SOORT_GEVAL_I
    Type = MAPPING
    Last validation date = 2011-11-15 11:43:49.69
    Last modified date = 2011-11-15 11:43:49.69
    Validation message code = Warning
    Validation message text = VLD-1008: Referenced mapping column DTL_CLAIMS_TB.GEVALS_NR does not exist.
    Validation message details = Synchronize from DTL_CLAIMS_TB.
    Validation message code = Warning
    Validation message text = VLD-1008: Referenced mapping column DTL_CLAIMS_TB.GEVALS_VOLG_NR does not exist.
    OMB+>
  • 3. Re: How to catch an ORA-error with automated OMBDEPLOYment
    jaap van Dijk Newbie
    Hi schoonn,

OMBVALIDATE only shows errors in the OWB repository. If I reference a table from a mapping and the table is present in OWB this validates. But if I deploy the mapping and the table is not deployed I get an Oracle error. If I deploy the mapping with OMBDEPLOY from the OMB-command prompt I see this Oracle error, but if I am sourcing a tcl-file the error does not show and the return code of the OMBDEPLOY does not show anything wrong.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points