4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 4:55 AM by JeromeFr RSS

Limitations of ODI

947775 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

what are the limitations of ODI ::

I have some info like

(i) it won't support multi target
(ii) Interfaces are depending on KM so to implement any new logic we need to know about Jython

Any thing else that we can add in it
  • 1. Re: Limitations of ODI
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    what are the limitations of ODI ::
    (i) it won't support multi target
    We cant say it wont support. We can achieve this using IKM mTI or using some logic in a single interface. But directly you can't drag multiple table into interface (target canvas)
    (ii) Interfaces are depending on KM so to implement any new logic we need to know about Jython
    Not exactly. But yes if you know jython it is more helpful for this. Discussed
    http://www.linkedin.com/groups/How-was-ODTUG-Ask-Experts-140609.S.197740849?view=&gid=140609&type=member&item=197740849
  • 2. Re: Limitations of ODI
    947775 Newbie
    So can u suggest then what are the ODI limitations are

what we can't achieve through ODI
  • 3. Re: Limitations of ODI
    A. Drieux Pro
    The majority of KM are not written in Jython, but in SQL (generic or database specific) with ODI substitution methods.
  • 4. Re: Limitations of ODI
    JeromeFr Expert
    And I guess the futur version of ODI will allow multi-target in one interface, since it should be closer to OWB.

One limitation I can see for the moment : if you have a lot of real-time jobs running, it can produce a huge amount of logs. But this is not a problem a lot a people are confronted with.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points