This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 6:39 AM by srikanth vallabhaneni Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Split-source Directories
    kosta Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Not sure if this is documented somewhere. It is not common for end-users to run into this. The semantics aren't complex. There is no merging, just simple precedence based on order.

- Konstantin
  • 16. Re: Split-source Directories
    srikanth vallabhaneni Newbie
    One of thing I am noticing is that my custom ant builder for jwsc is getting triggered during publish sometimes. http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2FgettingStarted%2Fqs-93a_project_builder_targets.htm&cp=0_1_2_1_2

I am not sure why. Is there a way I can find out that the builder is getting called during publish in the ant script so that I can skip the build during publish?
  • 17. Re: Split-source Directories
    kosta Journeyer
    This isn't something you can do with a simple ant builder. Typically, you get the best results with ant builders if you configure them to run "after clean". That way you can invoke clean from the project menu when something that requires your builder has changed, but the builder isn't getting invoked in various other contexts where you don't want to wait for it.

- Konstantin
  • 18. Re: Split-source Directories
    Konstantin,
    Why is the ant builder getting invoked during the publish phase? No files should have been changed to trigger a "auto-build".

By the way, thank you for answering many of my queries.
  • 19. Re: Split-source Directories
    kosta Journeyer
    It is possible that the build is simply catching up and not actually getting triggered during publish. It is also possible that something during publish is writing to the project folder, causing a change delta and triggering a build. We will look into the latter possibility.

- Konstantin
  • 20. Re: Split-source Directories
    I started eclipse with debug on to see if I get anymore info

oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic/debug=true
    oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic/debug/console=true

eclipse.exe -consoleLog -debug debug.options >output.txt 2>&1

so far I have not seen anything.
  • 21. Re: Split-source Directories
    For now, I am planning to use the uptodate task so that jwsc is not invoked even if the ant builder is invoked during publish.

e.g. in here http://code.google.com/p/atlas-mda/source/browse/branches/atlas-1.0/atlas-weblogic-mda/src/main/resources/templates/weblogic.jwsc.ant.vm they are checking the timestamp of the war, I am checking the timestamp of the generated web.xml
  • 22. Re: Split-source Directories
    When I publish the app in exploded archive mode, the custom deployment assembly entries are not getting copied.
  • 23. Re: Split-source Directories
    652340 Explorer
    Could you post the content of the your deployment assembly setting file: \.settings\org.eclipse.wst.common.component
    And where the custom deployment assembly is located?
  • 24. Re: Split-source Directories
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <project-modules id="moduleCoreId" project-version="1.5.0">
    <wb-module deploy-name="webServices">
    <wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/.ws/weboutput"/>     
    <wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/WebContent" tag="defaultRootSource"/>
    <wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src"/>
    <property name="context-root" value="webServices"/>
    <property name="java-output-path" value="/webServices/build/classes"/>
    </wb-module>
    </project-modules>
  • 25. Re: Split-source Directories
    This turned out to be a eclipse refresh issue. Even though the ant builder that generates content into to the deployment assembly folder is configured to "refresh resources on completion" with setting "the project containing the selected resource", for some reason the IDE did not see the generated resources. After I manually refresh and do another publish, the generated content is copied to the exploded archive location.

Is not refreshing at the project level enough?
  • 26. Re: Split-source Directories
    kosta Journeyer
    Is not refreshing at the project level enough?
    It should be, but I have seen some flakiness in that feature. You will need to play around with that setting until you get something that works. An easy way to test if the builder refresh is working correctly is to disable your '.' files filter in the project explorer so that you can see how Eclipse sees your output folder after running the build.

- Konstantin

Edited by: kosta on Jan 8, 2013 4:10 PM
  • 27. Re: Split-source Directories
    For now, I added this to the ant builder build script itself

<eclipse.convertPath filesystempath="${basedir}" property="mybasedir"/>
              <eclipse.refreshLocal resource="${mybasedir}" depth="infinite"/>

so far, it seems to work.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points