3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 10:29 PM by Shankar RSS

Oracle EBS and BAM

Suneel Jakka
      I am trying to integrate Oracle EBS R12 with BAM, so I created external data source in BAM and it got created successfully.
      But when I try to select the table from this data source in order to create data object, the lov for table name never shown up, it has been busy for a long time in getting table names from this data source and after sometime, its going out.

I know this may be because we have huge number of tables in APPS schema in EBS.

Is this the best way to integrate EBS with BAM through external data source or any other suggestible way?

Regards,
      Suneel Jakka
        • 1. Re: Oracle EBS and BAM
          Shankar
          Hi Suneel,

Yes I have seen the same issue with mine too.the problem with because of have huge number of tables in APPS schema in EBS.
          In my case I waited about 21 minutes ,after that the tables got populated, even if got i am not able to select my required table.I tried lot of time I am finally created DataObject.
          after tables got populated I used key board to select tables by using up arrows & down arrows to select Table.

I think this techniques may useful, be patience you will get!!

Regards

Siva Shankar
          • 2. Re: Oracle EBS and BAM
            Suneel Jakka
            Shankar,

Ok, thanks for trying it out at your side.. but is it the only way to connect to EBS or is there any other better approach to connect to EBS?

Regards,
            Suneel Jakka

Edited by: Suneel Jakka on Jan 8, 2013 11:32 AM
            • 3. Re: Oracle EBS and BAM
              Shankar
              Hi suneel,

Yes we have other approach to integrate using SOA and BAM integration. As we know that using "App adapter: we can get all details from oracle apps EBS into SOA, one we get we can easily pass those details into BAM using *BAM Adapter* in SOA composite. This is good approach too.

If we use this approach its will show active data in Reports.

Regards
              siva shankar
              TechDemocracy

Edited by: Shankar on Jan 9, 2013 9:55 AM

Edited by: Shankar on Jan 9, 2013 9:59 AM