7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 9:20 PM by 973714 RSS

How to start 11g OID

Please let me know how to 11g OID. I used "opmnctl startall" command to start oid, it is showing all sevices are up but not able to access ODSM

:oracle>opmnctl status

Processes in Instance: asinst_1
      ias-component | process-type | pid | status
      ohs1 | OHS | 25742 | Alive
      ovd1 | OVD | 25738 | Alive
      oid1 | oidldapd | 26097 | Alive
      oid1 | oidldapd | 26094 | Alive
      oid1 | oidmon | 26069 | Alive
      EMAGENT | EMAGENT | 25740 | Alive

when i opening the url http://oidserver:7005/odsm, I am getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

do i need to start weblogic server manually? is there any other service to start other than opmnctl?
        • 1. Re: How to start 11g OID
          Nishith Nayan
          start weblogic server and managed server manually and hit this url

find the detail step to access ODSM url
          • 2. Re: How to start 11g OID
            Thanks for reply.

I could not find full process to start 11g oid in provided url. Pls help
            • 3. Re: How to start 11g OID
              Nishith Nayan
              follow all the steps carefully

1. start listener
              2. start Database
              3. start weblogic server
              4. run opmnctl startall
              5. start managed server (MW_HOME/user_projects/domains/DOMAIN_NAME/bin/startManagedWebLogic.sh <SERVER_NAME>) -- probably your managed server name would be wls_ods1 else verify and use the same

wait once managed server is up and running then you can hit ODSM url
              • 4. Re: How to start 11g OID
                Follow steps shown by Nishith
                make sure you do start of managed server (wls_ods1) as last step (after opmctl startall)
                what is version of OID? I had same issue, post your results and shall help you out
                • 5. Re: How to start 11g OID

In our environment database in different server, listener and database is up in another server.

I have used below commands to bring up OID servies. Please validate and confirm whether it is correct?

nohup /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/user_projects/domains/IDMDomain/bin/startWebLogic.sh &
                  nohup /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/bin/startNodeManager.sh &
                  nohup /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/user_projects/domains/IDMDomain/bin/startManagedWebLogic.sh wls_ods1 &
                  /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/asinst_1/bin/opmnctl startall

Thanks & Regards
                  Karthick K
                  • 6. Re: How to start 11g OID
                    I am using version
                    • 7. Re: How to start 11g OID
                      The last 2 steps order is not correct
                      You do opmctl command and then for managed server command
                      So do the wls_ods1 command in the last. Rest order looks ok. Hope this works out. If not post your results. Good luck.