7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 9:20 PM by 973714 RSS

How to start 11g OID

Karthick
      Hello,

Please let me know how to 11g OID. I used "opmnctl startall" command to start oid, it is showing all sevices are up but not able to access ODSM

:oracle>opmnctl status

Processes in Instance: asinst_1
      --------------------------------------------------------------+---------
      ias-component | process-type | pid | status
      --------------------------------------------------------------+---------
      ohs1 | OHS | 25742 | Alive
      ovd1 | OVD | 25738 | Alive
      oid1 | oidldapd | 26097 | Alive
      oid1 | oidldapd | 26094 | Alive
      oid1 | oidmon | 26069 | Alive
      EMAGENT | EMAGENT | 25740 | Alive

when i opening the url http://oidserver:7005/odsm, I am getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

do i need to start weblogic server manually? is there any other service to start other than opmnctl?
        • 1. Re: How to start 11g OID
          Nishith Nayan
          start weblogic server and managed server manually and hit this url

find the detail step to access ODSM url
          http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2009/09/30/oid-11g-oracle-directory-services-manager-odsm/
          • 2. Re: How to start 11g OID
            Karthick
            Thanks for reply.

I could not find full process to start 11g oid in provided url. Pls help
            • 3. Re: How to start 11g OID
              Nishith Nayan
              follow all the steps carefully
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12839_01/oid.1111/e10029/app_stopstart.htm#CHDGJFJB

1. start listener
              2. start Database
              3. start weblogic server
              4. run opmnctl startall
              5. start managed server (MW_HOME/user_projects/domains/DOMAIN_NAME/bin/startManagedWebLogic.sh <SERVER_NAME>) -- probably your managed server name would be wls_ods1 else verify and use the same

wait once managed server is up and running then you can hit ODSM url
              • 4. Re: How to start 11g OID
                Follow steps shown by Nishith
                make sure you do start of managed server (wls_ods1) as last step (after opmctl startall)
                what is version of OID? I had same issue, post your results and shall help you out
                • 5. Re: How to start 11g OID
                  Karthick
                  Hello,

In our environment database in different server, listener and database is up in another server.

I have used below commands to bring up OID servies. Please validate and confirm whether it is correct?

nohup /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/user_projects/domains/IDMDomain/bin/startWebLogic.sh &
                  nohup /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/bin/startNodeManager.sh &
                  nohup /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/user_projects/domains/IDMDomain/bin/startManagedWebLogic.sh wls_ods1 &
                  /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/asinst_1/bin/opmnctl startall

Thanks & Regards
                  Karthick K
                  • 6. Re: How to start 11g OID
                    Karthick
                    I am using 11.1.1.6 version
                    • 7. Re: How to start 11g OID
                      The last 2 steps order is not correct
                      You do opmctl command and then for managed server command
                      So do the wls_ods1 command in the last. Rest order looks ok. Hope this works out. If not post your results. Good luck.