This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 8:40 AM by George AV RSS

Third party integration property file DMSArgs Vs AuthorizationProxy.DmsArg

978067 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm trying to use AutoVue Web Services to convert files to pdf. Web services is deployed in application server.

I need to know how the third party property file DMSArgs are defined and how it's retrieved from ISDK. Documentation example is as below.

DMSArgs=Arg1;Arg2
Arg1=value
Arg2=value

When I generate client stub using wsdl, it provides AuthorizationProxy.DmsArguments. What's this and how can we use this arguments to pass values.

Please help me on how to define those DMSArgs and how can I pass values to ISDK?

Thanks and Regards,
Amaranatha
  • 1. Re: Third party integration property file DMSArgs Vs AuthorizationProxy.DmsArg
    George AV Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Once you have AutoVue Client/Server installed and configured with your ISDK integration.
    Open a file in the AutoVue client and look at the HTML code of the client applet.
    Inside the applet tag, you will find the DMSARGS and all the properties that are sent with it.

For example, if you see the following properties:
    <PARAM NAME="DMS" VALUE="http://host:port/servlet/VueLink">
    <PARAM NAME="DMSARGS" VALUE="DMS_USERNAME;DMS_PRESERVE_COOKIES;LOCALE">
    <PARAM NAME="DMS_USERNAME" VALUE="george_av">
    <PARAM NAME="DMS_PRESERVE_COOKIES" VALUE="true">
    <PARAM NAME="LOCALE" VALUE="EN">

Then you can add DMS_USERNAME and the LOCALE the property file you created in the AutoVue WS deployment.

It is described in the Install & config guide on page 11-12: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37443_01/otn/pdf/E37350_01.pdf

If your DMS argument cannot be hard-coded on the server, you may use the AuthorizationProxy.DmsArguments class to add additional parameters.
    This may make sense for the username for example. But most integrations use the username from the autentication uname/passwd pair instead of receiving a separate parameter.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points