ich habe für Testzwecke 11g, Apex 4.1 und das deutsche Sprachpaket installiert.
Dank einem Tip von Patrick Wolf habe ich das zum laufen bekommen, kann mich auch als Admin anmelden (das hatte jemand als Problem).
Das deutsche APEX-Interface "funzt" auch mit einem kleinen aber blöden Manko (Textauszug aus der Anmeldeseite Workspace ADMIN)
Oracle Application Express ist ein Tool fÃ¼r die schnelle Entwicklung von Webanwendungen. Es ermÃ¶glicht Ihnen die Bereitstellung von Daten fÃ¼r eine gemeinsame Nutzung sowie die Erstellung von Anwendungen. Auch ohne tiefgehende Programmierkenntnisse und nur mit Webbrowser ausgestattet, kÃ¶nnen Sie Anwendungen entwickeln und bereitstellen, die schnell und sicher sind.
thanks for reply but a liitle bit to complex for me.
Can you send me some more detailed informations about your idea ?
May be any example which parameter ?
Sorry , but I did a very clean and native installation of everything.
Therefore I expect a little bit from oracle that they know what can happen.
And I didnt find any hint or something about this problem.
So I hope this must be more simple then to edit a system file after clean installation.
I use the embedded gateway and I did this complete story on another server with XE and the same result.
I think there is a general problem anywhere in all installations.
Yes, I didi this and the 11g was installed also with AL32UTF8 installed, prepared for multiple languages.
I did it really very slowly and tried to check out all Oracle-Post-Installation notes and all Internet hints I found.
In my first try i didi it wrong with america... and so on but at least : the result was the same.
I thought also this may be the reason but this was also wrong.
I also work on a virtual server and saved also the complete native 11g Installation after every step.
So I could always backup the complete system to a clear situation before I tried it again.
I installed 11g with APEX 4.1 native (without language suport) an saved thiis.
Afterwards I tried the german installation.
I knew from my also negative trys to install german APEX on XE that there may be trouble ahaed, so I backed up before.
If the documentation of Oracle fit the real installation needs no error was done.
I really wish there may be a simple solution like your idea but I fear there is none.
only to give you an idea about my skill.
I am inside IT-Buisness since 30 years but more as software developer, datawarehouse specialist and so on.
Oracle I know too but I am not a DBA and I am working on this in the evenings.
And I get really made if some docs and scripts are described and everything is very easy... but it dosnt work at all.
Now your question:
1) >> After the third trial (always backuped the whole system) the load_de.sql runs without error.
I'm curious. Why did it fail the first two times and what did you have to change to get it to load the third time.
This load_de.sql fails with different things.
One error was at least the security_group... something. I found a tip from Mr. Wolf (german-Oracle-employ) how to fix this.
Afterwards I found I missed the NLS_LANG setting but I wasn`t sure:
- is ist important to set NLS_LANG to any_language but the UTF8... code
- is it more important to set NLS_LANG to German_germany AND UTF8
So i repeated it again,
But I forgot to set the USE SCHEMA and other stuff
3 d try:
I set the NLS_LANG to german_germany and UTF8..
I open the accounts
I didnt forget the USE SCHEMA
This time the script runs perfect, everythings looks god but the Umlaute.
2) What is your database character set?
AL32UTF8, this is the requested character set for multilingual database (Oracle-docu) and I selected it at installation.
I checked it about your request via:
3) What are you using as your Web Server? EPG? Oracle HTTP Server / mod_plsql? APEX Listener?
I use the embedded Oracle-APEX-Gateway, installed originally with the 11g.
I think its called therefore mod_plsql.
I really hope that you may be able to give me a hint.
I worked on a project in Wolfsburg with a lady, she was or is an Oracle-Employee and a APEX-Consultant.
She also had no idea and wanted to ask for me inside Oracle, but I switched my job and the project to Zürich, so I never heard something about.
Have a nice day and greetings out of cold switzerland
No reason to get mad. ;) We can always improve, so I welcome any suggestions or comments. There is a simple explanation here somewhere, we just have to find it.
1) It is important to always set the character set portion of NLS_LANG to AL32UTF8. Not UTF8, but AL32UTF8. The language and territory portions of NLS_LANG are largely irrelevant when loading translations into APEX.
2) No database accounts need to be unlocked (other than APEX_PUBLIC_USER, which you aren't using anyway). If you have unlocked APEX_040200 or FLOWS_FILES, please lock them.
3) An easy way to load German translations would be:
a) cd to where you have unzipped 'apex', in the 'apex' directory
b) Set your local NLS_LANG environment variable to american_america.al32utf8 or german_germany.al32utf8
c) Connect as SYS as SYSDBA
d) @load_trans GERMAN
I believe the problem with your umlauts is that you specified UTF8 and not AL32UTF8.