This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 6:28 AM by klsharpe RSS

DA using Cancel Event fails in v4.2.1, worked in v.4.1

klsharpe Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a dynamic action, on Before Page Submit, that validates when a DML Form field has an empty value or that it is less than 5 characters using Javascript for the condition. For true, an action in Javascript is used to display an alert, another action put focus on that field, and the last action to cancel the event. There is no actions for false.

In v4.1, the action works correctly. In v4.2.1, the DML form is replaced with a screen that displays "false" and the URL is now javascript:apex.submit('SAVE');

Should the buttons SAVE and CREATE be modified to change the action to Defined by Dynamic Action??? I am not sure what behavior to correct in v4.2.x.
Thanks,
Kelly

Here is an example
[http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=40612:1]
test account:
user: TESTER
pw: Chk!t
  • 1. Re: DA using Cancel Event fails in v4.2.1, worked in v.4.1
    AnthonyRayner Pro
    Hi Kelly,

Thanks for posting this. I have been able to reproduce this (both working in 4.1.1 and not working in 4.2 and 4.2.1). I believe this is specific to page submits that are triggered by ANCHOR <a> based buttons. I was initially unable to reproduce it, but that was because I was using a theme that had BUTTON <button> based buttons, where this issue doesn't reproduce. Also, I was able to reproduce this in Firefox and IE, not Chrome.

You don't need to change the button's action to 'Defined by Dynamic Action'. The way you describe is correct and should work. I have filed bug #16096358 for this which I am investigating. I will update the thread accordingly.

Sorry you have hit this.

Regards,
    Anthony.

Edited by: Anthony Rayner on Jan 10, 2013 12:24 PM
  • 2. Re: DA using Cancel Event fails in v4.2.1, worked in v.4.1
    klsharpe Newbie
    Thanks for your rapid response Anthony! I changed the Button Style to HTML Button and the screen returned to working correctly in v4.2.1.
    Kelly

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points