This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 7:08 PM by Todd Little RSS

Setup SALT on exist Tuxedo Server

793282 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I'm a newbie in Tuxedo.
I have a server running Tuxedo, IBM AIX 6.1, programming with pro*C
Now I try to setup oracle SALT for web service server, calling some inbound Tuxedo services.
I read a lot of oracle documents, but I do not understand how to config Tuxedo Metadata Repository Server.
Can anybody explain step by step?
  • 1. Re: Setup SALT on exist Tuxedo Server
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi,

There are several steps involved in using SALT and the Tuxedo Service Metadata Repository. One question I would have for you is what version of Tuxedo and SALT are you using? SALT 12c offers a web based very easy to use set up tool. In any case, the general steps are:

1) Add the Tuxedo Service Metadata Repository Server to your Tuxedo configuration
    2) Create a MIF (Metadata Input File) that describes the Tuxedo service you are trying to access
    3) Load the service definition into the service metadata repository with the tmloadrepos command
    4) Create the SALT gateway configuration file and load it with the wsloadcf command
    5) Add the GWWS servers to your Tuxedo configuration
    6) Boot your Tuxedo domain

There are examples of the MIF format in the Tuxedo documentation, but basically you identify the name of the service, the input buffer type and fields, the output buffer type and fields, and the error return buffer type and fields. With that information loaded into the Tuxedo Service Metadata Repository, the SALT gateway GWWS can create WSDL to describe the service you are trying to call via SOAP/HTTP.

I hope that makes sense. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards,
    Todd Little
    Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
  • 2. Re: Setup SALT on exist Tuxedo Server
    793282 Newbie
    Hello Todd,
    My server is running on Tuxedo 9.1, what is version of SALT compatible with Tuxedo 9.1?
    My company buy license of Tuxedo Application. If I use SALT, do I need to buy any license?

In your answer,
    1) Add the Tuxedo Service Metadata Repository Server to your Tuxedo configuration
    2) Create a MIF (Metadata Input File) that describes the Tuxedo service you are trying to access
    5) Add the GWWS servers to your Tuxedo configuration

Can you give me an example config file? I try to search but nothing found. I'm very happy with your support.
  • 3. Re: Setup SALT on exist Tuxedo Server
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi,

For Tuxedo 9.1, you need SALT 2.0. It is a separably licensed product, so you would need to contact your Oracle sales executive to find out pricing.

When you install SALT, you can check a box to install some sample applications as well. Those example applications will include things like the SALT configuration file, the metadata input file, etc., plus the steps for building and running the examples. If you selected to install the samples at installation time, they will be installed in $TUXDIR/samples/salt/...

Regards,
    Todd Little
    Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points