2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 11:15 PM by 952694 RSS

How can current task in waiting state till completion of all threads.

How can we implement the activity which will be in waiting state till all the sub threads initiated from this activity complete.

I have implemented the workflow as once the flow will reach to an activity after that we are creating the multiple instances of event subprocess. Now i want to force user that he cannot take any action on the activity till all the event subprocess completes.

Please help me in this scenario.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How can current task in waiting state till completion of all threads.
          Daniel Atwood
          Could you go a little more into your use case?

Reason for asking is if you're trying to abort instances in an event subprocess, you might be better served by having them reside in a separate process (one that can be interrupted with a correlation and aborted).

Dan
          • 2. Re: How can current task in waiting state till completion of all threads.
            Dan,

I am trying to assign one request as a sub requests to different user. Now, Once all this sub requests complete then only user of main request should allow to action on task. Let me try to explain scenario from business point of view.

Suppose, an employee is joining an organization. Now, HR is sending the request to different departments to collect the information. First day HR has send request to Finance & HR department, next day again HR has sent request to travel department & resource department. Now, till all this department responds to HR's query. HR should not allow to complete the current task from HR has sent the requests to all department.

Please note that HR can send the request to all department at the same time or by different time interval.

I tried to implement the scenario using the event subprocess which is message based & correlation has been set between the main process & event subprocess. But the problem is User is able to take action on the current task even if the subprocesses in running state. I want user should get message that "subprocess task is in running state you can not take action. subprocess task should complete first."