3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 8:40 AM by User9976634-Oracle RSS

Paragraph List - Unintended Spacing

Ken Waters
      Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had some insight to an annoyance I am having. I am currently utilizing paragraph lists to contain a series of 1-line fields. Basically we just dump whatever corresponding XML line into a field in a paragraph, and trigger the paragraph if there is something there.

The issue is, when there are numerous paragraphs being triggered, the lines have a slight space.

Example:

The Way it Should Look:

LINE 1 BLAH BLAH
      LINE 2 BLAH BLAH
      LINE 3 BLAH BLAH

The Way it looks now:
      LINE1 BLAH BLAH

LINE2 BLAH BLAH

LINE 3 BLAH BLAH

*The spacing isnt nearly as bad as "double space" but that illustrates how annoying it is and potentially problematic as the additional spacing takes up quite a bit more room on my letters.

Ive tried manipulating the .PAR to no success. Might someone know how to remove the space?

Thank you!
        • 1. Re: Paragraph List - Unintended Spacing
          User9976634-Oracle
          This is "paragraph" assembly so each selection is a separate paragraph and not just lines appended in a single paragraph. So, I'm going to guess that you need to go back to your paragraph text and check the settings. Edit the paragraph, right-click and choose the Paragraph format properties. Look about midway down and you should see a setting for Spacing before and after the paragraph. These should be 0 in your case. If you have some other value in there, that would explain what you see. You could also have some lines spacing setting that might be involved, so make sure you are set to single-spacing with no addition spacing there too.'

Oh and I should have mentioned that you have to check each paragraph. These settings can be different per paragraph.

Edited by: user9976634 on Jan 9, 2013 6:54 AM
          • 2. Re: Paragraph List - Unintended Spacing
            Ken Waters
            Thank you for the reply. I have investigated these settings but everything seems to be in correct standing. I think my conclusion is paragraph assembly shouldn't be used in this fashion if I want to maintain custom spacing.
            • 3. Re: Paragraph List - Unintended Spacing
              User9976634-Oracle
              Hmmm. I verified that if I triggered 3 paragraphs into my MLT field using ParagraphAssembly that I got the three lines with no odd spacing.

LINE1
              LINE2
              LINE3

Perhaps you are not triggering multiple paragraphs into a single MLT field?