This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 6:31 AM by chebrard RSS

Remote authentication for DSCC

983588 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Sun Directory Server Enterprise 11.0

I am trying to use DSCC to maintain replication, but I have a serious roadblock. I cannot authenticate to the remote hosts because our hosts do not allow direct logins for system, accounts. Is there a way to use certificate based authentication rather than the Cacao connection that DSCC uses by default? Or am I stuck using the bulky command line.

Also, I have an annoying issue where DSCC randomly just times out after clicking a link. I refresh the browser and it comes back, sometimes after a few tries. It does not impede functionality but it is annoying as hell. Any timeout parameter in the webserver that I could try to stop that from happening? To be clear, this is not after inactivity. I log in and randomly I get nothing, timeout page, have to refresh.

Edited by: 980585 on Jan 8, 2013 9:49 AM
  • 1. Re: Remote authentication for DSCC
    chebrard Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    tlm.name wrote:
    Sun Directory Server Enterprise 11.0

I am trying to use DSCC to maintain replication, but I have a serious roadblock. I cannot authenticate to the remote hosts because our hosts do not allow direct logins for system, accounts. Is there a way to use certificate based authentication rather than the Cacao connection that DSCC uses by default?
    No there is not.
    Or am I stuck using the bulky command line.

Also, I have an annoying issue where DSCC randomly just times out after clicking a link. I refresh the browser and it comes back, sometimes after a few tries. It does not impede functionality but it is annoying as hell. Any timeout parameter in the webserver that I could try to stop that from happening? To be clear, this is not after inactivity. I log in and randomly I get nothing, timeout page, have to refresh.
    Which application server are you using ? If Tomcat, double-check that tag pooling is disabled: step 6 of http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E20295_01/html/821-1218/war-tomcatappserver.html
    Edited by: 980585 on Jan 8, 2013 9:49 AM
    Regards,
    Carole.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points