This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 12:33 AM by 983647 RSS

Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan

Preetam Medlery Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi
We moved our WSDL from local directory to the MDS metadata folder after that i am unable to open design view for MQ , JMS and XSLT files can you please provide me the solution for this

As we don't have any WSDL's in service folder how can we re-write the end point URL's for the service, previously we used to do this by using config plan can you please provide solution for this

And thanks in advance

Regards
Preetam

Edited by: 980432 on 10-Jan-2013 02:55
  • 1. Re: Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan
    983647 Explorer
    The config plan only helps you to change references, while building you SAR (.jar). However, your issue is to see the XSLT, e.t.c., at design time. Config plan don't help you in this situation. You have to find replace all your local WSDL references, make them refer to the wsdl from your mds (like oramds:/your wsdl path inside MDS).

Tip: The search option (ctrl + shift + f) will come handy for you, it will let you find something in the whole project/application.

This should solve your problem.
  • 2. Re: Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan
    Preetam Medlery Newbie
    Thank you for the response

But those were two different que

my que was i need to deploy my project JAR file in different server, untill now the WSDL's were in my local project folder , but now i moved my WSDL's to MDS repositiory and want to deploy the project in different server( MDS folder present in another server ) untill now we used to Deploy in another server using config plan(when WSDL's are present in local project) but as the WSDL's are moved to MDS folder i am not getting the end point i need in server. can you please provide me the solution

should i have to move forward using Config plan or should i have to use different concept for changing the end point URL to Run in different server

Thank You
    Preetam
  • 3. Re: Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan
    983647 Explorer
    The explanation is ambiguous (to me at least). Can you explain again.
    Consider:

S1 as Server one
    S2 as Server two
    P1 as Project one
    P2 as Project two
    RT as Run time
    DT as Design time
  • 4. Re: Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan
    983134 Newbie
    Hai
    Preetam

As per as my knowledge is to be considered
    the files which you are using in MDS should be there in the server where your project is running. .
    you cant import the ora mds

so do one thing first redeploy the application which is pointing out your MDS in to the server where you are going to deploy the project

then you can import the files in the MDS, . . .
  • 5. Re: Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan
    Preetam Medlery Newbie
    We have created a project P1 in S1 and want to deploy in S2 we want the WSDL to change it's end point Dynamically
    at run time which is present in WSDL as Location. before using MDS we were using config plan to Search and replace option in config plan to change the end point but now as we don't have the WSDL in local now HOW TO CHANGE THE LOCATION IN WSDL SO THAT IT POINT TO S2
  • 6. Re: Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan
    PuneetRekhade Journeyer
    Like others, I am not really sure, if I have got that correctly.
    But I would give my 2 cents here.

You can keep your wsdl wherever you want.
    I guess, you are referring to Concrete wsdl which contains the URL of the service in the binding section.
    You can either do a find and replace on the wsdl being referred or you can use a "endpoint url" property in "composite.xml" and then, enter the endpoint url there.

HTH.
  • 7. Re: Importing WSDL in XSLT and Cofig Plan
    983647 Explorer
    we want the WSDL to change it's end point Dynamically at run time which is present in WSDL as Location
    HOW TO CHANGE THE LOCATION IN WSDL SO THAT IT POINT TO S2
    Looks like you have placed the Concrete WSDL in MDS, based upon the above two statements. In general this is a bad practice. The best practice is to always save an abstract WSDL in MDS. This is the solution for your problem.

Further, in the composite.xml you have to refer the abstract wsdl for design time and concrete wsdl for run time.

- https://blogs.oracle.com/aia/entry/aia_11g_best_practices_for_dec

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points