This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Hi,1 person found this helpful
check the following entries in the defaults.xml file in the apex listener configuration folder.
If so, remove them, it will work.
<entry key="icap.port"/> <entry key="icap.server"/>
thank you for the hint - those two entries were causing problems for us previously, but they are not present now and file upload still doesn't work.
We have even tried removing Tomcat out of the equation, but the problem occurs as well when Apex Listener is running in standalone mode.
did you try to reproduce that error on apex.oracle.com?
Possibly the error is not in the web server (configuration), but within your application...
does apex.oracle.com use Apex Listener? The application works fine without it (when accessing directly through built-in server).
The error might really lie in the application, I'm just wondering why would it manifest only when accessed through listener (especially given the nature of the error, where file uploads successfuly but empty page is displayed).
1 person found this helpful
does apex.oracle.com use Apex Listener?Yes. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in seeing your application there. ;)
The application works fine without it (when accessing directly through built-in server).No question. Which Tomcat version did you deploy your APEX Listener to? Possibly it's using an outdated (unsupported) Java Servlet specification.
And how did you configure your HTTP connector?
Firstly I would try reproduce the problem when running in standalone mode, rather than deployed on Tomcat. If the issue does not occur then problem lies in Tomcat, upgrade to the latest Tomcat version if that's the case.1 person found this helpful
If it still does not work try the following steps (which demonstrate uploading a file):
Log into APEX itself
Choose SQL Workshop
Choose SQL Scripts
Choose a file and press upload
If that works ok, then finally try uploading your application to apex.oracle.com and see if you can reproduce the issue there.
thank you all for help. It turns out that it was indeed issue with the code itself. It's strange that it doesn't manifest without Apex Listener, but it was incorrect code.
I'm a system administrator (not a programmer) and I assumed that since the only change to the system was added Listener, it must be a problem with incorrect configuration - I was wrong :-)
When I tried replicating the problem on apex.oracle.com, I noticed that After Processing branch redirecting to another page was completely missing from our code. When I removed the branch from apex.oracle.com, it stopped working (logically) too - the solution was therefore to add After Processing branch redirecting to some other page with "include process success message" checked.
I still don't understand how it could have worked without Apex Listener in the first place :-)