This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 11:28 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

File Load

903224 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,

below is what is there in my file File.csv for a column

"호텔 주변 교"

I need to load this into a table, but when i loaded the data using external table
CREATE TABLE T_EXT
(C1  VARCHAR2(300 CHAR))
ORGANIZATION EXTERNAL
(
    TYPE oracle_loader
    DEFAULT DIRECTORY DIR                  
    ACCESS PARAMETERS (RECORDS DELIMITED BY NEWLINE
    SKIP 1
    FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'
    OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
    MISSING FIELD VALUES ARE NULL
    )
LOCATION ('File.csv'))
reject limit unlimited
{code}

when i see the data in the table "¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿"(inside quotes)

is it possible to see the same data("호텔 주변 교") in the table , what are changes i need to do to my script ? pls help.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
  • 1. Re: File Load
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl post details of OS and database versions. What is the database characterset ? Is it capable of storing this language (Chinese ?) ?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10729/ch2charset.htm

If the database characterset is capable of storing this language, then pl also identify the characterset of the input file using the CHARACTERSET clause

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e22490/et_params.htm#i1009499

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: File Load
    903224 Newbie
    thanks for your reply...

server :
    echo $NLS_LANG
    AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1

File.csv : text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

pls find below nls parameters

PARAMETER     VALUE

NLS_LANGUAGE     AMERICAN
    NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE     AMERICAN
    NLS_CHARACTERSET     AL32UTF8
    NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET     AL16UTF16
  • 3. Re: File Load
    AL32UTF8 is capable of storing this language - pl use the CHARACTERSET parameter as explained above.

How was this csv file created ? "charset=iso-8859-1" is not capable of representing these characters.

HTH
    Srini
  • 4. Re: File Load
    903224 Newbie
    I used UTF8 in my script to load but not displaying the proper data.I am using toad to display.when i did ASCIISTR for this column also i see ?????(Toad).

i see the data in the file in global language but not able to see in the DB after loading ...what could be chnage that i need to do in the script of on session level?

this is what i see on SQLPLUS

SQL> select ASCIISTR(C1) from T_EXT ;

ASCIISTR(LONG_LABEL)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    \D638\D154 \C8FC\BCC0 \AD50\D1B5
  • 5. Re: File Load
    Some versions of TOAD are not capable of displaying multibyte characters. Can you use the latest version of SQL Developer to verify what is loaded ? Your script above does not show the CHARACTERSET option.

HTH
    Srini

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points